Matt Burton take a bow.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Burton and fox are both picked for nsw and don’t get injured. It will do wonders for Burton’s confidence and also for him re-signing with the club if he can make origin when the team hasn’t been playing so well. Honestly think we need to throw the chequebook at him over the off season to keep beyond 2023. If it costs us $1m a season, I think he is worth it. Maybe throw in the captaincy sweetener or up his contract value for next year because we can’t afford to lose him. He is only 22 and we can build the team around him for the next 10 years.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Burton plays center. Just chuck the ball to him on the last. Cobbo/Oates will have all sorts of problems trying to catch it

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Burton and fox are both picked for nsw and don’t get injured. It will do wonders for Burton’s confidence and also for him re-signing with the club if he can make origin when the team hasn’t been playing so well. Honestly think we need to throw the chequebook at him over the off season to keep beyond 2023. If it costs us $1m a season, I think he is worth it. Maybe throw in the captaincy sweetener or up his contract value for next year because we can’t afford to lose him. He is only 22 and we can build the team around him for the next 10 years.
I just want him in the extended squad and not playing. Spend a week in camp with the squad. He’s been carrying us the last month. Really flourishing under Potter. Reportedly out of him and Hynes for the bench. Hynes has dropped off the last few weeks. But if Burton is at least in the squad. That will set him up for a big back half of the year, with a potential spot in the World Cup squad.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think freddy will pick fox out of pride
To be honest he is in a tough spot cause Fox is in better form then Tupou but in my opinion Tupou had a preety good game and can't he dropped off the back of that. Never would of happened if he stayed loyal, wouldn't happen in QLD ;)

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reports that if JAC and Burton have a big game tomorrow there in the team for game 2. I thought players come to the dogs for there rep careers to die?
Hope the boys carve up the Tigers.
Burton and JAC have an awesome combo going with the kicking game.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you just love the kennel, a couple of weeks ago there was a thread.......Sack Burton, a lot on here were rubbishing him saying he was a waste of money etc.........Don't you just love the kennel.......

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you just love the kennel, a couple of weeks ago there was a thread.......Sack Burton, a lot on here were rubbishing him saying he was a waste of money etc.........Don't you just love the kennel.......
Wait until he has a shocker today because he knows he’s in the origin team and goes through the motions to not get injured. "What a dog, leaving us when we need him most to go into origin camp".