Matt Burton take a bow.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to see Burton buy into our club's culture. He seems happier to engage in celebrations after tries and starting to show a lot of bulldog mongrel in his defence. JAC and Shoupp are working him up well. Also feel Tbaz and Naden's deparure has helped him cleanse his mind from anything to do with Penrith.
We can only hope the team continues to build on the weekend's win and Matt's contract sorts itself out in due time with a good result for all.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been waiting for those kind of Burton kicks for Fox all year. Pleasure to watch.
Kiraz should be playing centre instead of Allen and Okunbor should be the other winger, Burton kicking to the OX would be a try scoring bonanza for us

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kiraz should be playing centre instead of Allen and Okunbor should be the other winger, Burton kicking to the OX would be a try scoring bonanza for us
Pretty sure kiraz was actually playing centre but wasn’t named there

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Three weeks ago after the Saints game I had to talk 80% of the Kennel out of tearing up his contract, that he wasn't a centre, he shouldn't go to the NFL to be a punter.. Now everyone is praising him and wants to lock him up long term and talk about him as if he's always been their favourite player and they never doubted him.. A lot can change in a few weeks on The Kennel..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Three weeks ago after the Saints game I had to talk 80% of the Kennel out of tearing up his contract, that he wasn't a centre, he shouldn't go to the NFL to be a punter.. Now everyone is praising him and wants to lock him up long term and talk about him as if he's always been their favourite player and they never doubted him.. A lot can change in a few weeks on The Kennel..
Yep anyone that knows football could see he has so much talent and will come good,but some on here expected munster straight away

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from you, but the majority react to what's shown on the field. In fact, he is better than I expected at this stage. I thought carrying the spine/team would of hindered his progress to a FG 5/8th.

PS NFL should be his retirement plan instead of ESL.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep anyone that knows football could see he has so much talent and will come good,but some on here expected munster straight away
That's why I kept preaching patience with him.. You could see the talent. He was always a half. He was just in a shitty situation, was playing both 5/8th and halfback and had a lot of responsibility thrown on a young halves shoulders in a struggling team..

I've hyped him up more than anyone yet even I expected him to start off slowly for those reasons. But I never doubted his ability and was always confident he'd put it together where he has games like last week against Parra. Now that the fans have seen what he's capable of, hopefully they're more patient with him and recognise what a talent he is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from you, but the majority react to what's shown on the field. In fact, he is better than I expected at this stage. I thought carrying the spine/team would of hindered his progress to a FG 5/8th.

PS NFL should be his retirement plan instead of ESL.
Yeah of course form dictates things but any half on a wooden spoon team will struggle. I've always said that. Especially a young half. Even one as talented as Burton. But I was adamant that he's one of the best young halves in the comp and knew it was only a matter of time til he proved how good he is. Hopefully it's a lesson for fans to try and be a bit more patient or factor in all of the circumstances before writing young players off..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's why I kept preaching patience with him.. You could see the talent. He was always a half. He was just in a shitty situation, was playing both 5/8th and halfback and had a lot of responsibility thrown on a young halves shoulders in a struggling team..

I've hyped him up more than anyone yet even I expected him to start off slowly for those reasons. But I never doubted his ability and was always confident he'd put it together where he has games like last week against Parra. Now that the fans have seen what he's capable of, hopefully they're more patient with him and recognise what a talent he is.
I still think we haven't seen his full potential tbh

Mahoney coming and Avo improving will only help him unleash.

Still need a solid FG HB.