Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton has potential, still new to the role and is young. The pressure placed him might be messing with his confidence.

I want him to stay on because with the right people on board both coaching and players he can only excel.

We can't keep on changing our views on him, he's still new to the role and not a smith or JT (yet) who excel week in week out.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton has potential, still new to the role and is young. The pressure placed him might be messing with his confidence.

I want him to stay on because with the right people on board both coaching and players he can only excel.

We can't keep on changing our views on him, he's still new to the role and not a smith or JT (yet) who excel week in week out.
I want him to stay but FMD he has to improve to be a FG 5/8th

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanno put him on show, even without looking at the stats.
Agree. There were a couple of times Flanno should have got the ball inside the opp 20 to play to our right edge, but JMK always went himself or hesitated closing any space we had.
I hope it's a dry track when we play South's.

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton
18/29 tackles, 8 runs for 35m

Flanagan
24/26 tackles, 9 runs for 51m

Remind me who the origin player is again... Flanno tried hard today.
Ummmmm still burton they targeted him cos his a threat ummm Flanno runs an unders to an unsuspecting flat footed forward

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ummmmm still burton they targeted him cos his a threat ummm Flanno runs an unders to an unsuspecting flat footed forward
Doesn't matter, Burton threw many hospital passes today. Point is Flanno isn't the reason we lost, he wouldn't have been the main reason we won had we got the points either. He tried hard today and made his tackles, unfairly criticised.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had an off game. We attacked a lot down the right side through Flanagan today. Burton had limited opportunities, he’ll be fine. Everybody needs to relax.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anothing thing I noticed is about 20 mins into the game he looked tired. Perhaps the last 2 weeks have taken it out of him a bit and it came to a head today in terrible conditions.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
IIRC, Burton has only had 1 set of back to back good games against eels and tigers

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton is not a million dollar player, absolutely laughable that people on here actually thought he was. He's a good young half but he has plenty of things left in his game that need a lot of work.
He was never a mullion dollar play. J reckon he is a 700k player and we may have to pay 800k plus TPA to keep him. Clubs will pay on potential. The important thing is we dont lose him

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was poor today but tough conditions and first time backing up from origin. Imo, we are bing a bit tough on him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was never a mullion dollar play. J reckon he is a 700k player and we may have to pay 800k plus TPA to keep him. Clubs will pay on potential. The important thing is we dont lose him
As I said before between 650k-800k. 800k being overs and 650k closer to what he actually offers. Anything more and you're crazy.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is every off game he has nobody steps up and the side turns to shit.
The side has always been shit.
Look atvthe before Burto and after Burto. Black and white differences.

Even on Burtos low days he make the team look 100%better than they are

While im at it do not underestimate Burtons cover defence.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The side has always been shit.
Look atvthe before Burto and after Burto. Black and white differences.

Even on Burtos low days he make the team look 100%better than they are

While im at it do not underestimate Burtons cover defence.
I'm hoping Mahoney will be an instant help to Burton, especially with his kicking game.