Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep, the only thing that pissed me of in that interview is the scumbag reporters pushing the “early release” agenda which has never once been mentioned. Bottom feeding cunce.
What about the lame arse questions? Trying to fish for a sound bite to write another 50 articles that say nothing.

He obviously knows how to play the scumbag duds or has had Gus teaching him how to deal with them.

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What about the lame arse questions? Trying to fish for a sound bite to write another 50 articles that say nothing.

He obviously knows how to play the scumbag duds or has had Gus teaching him how to deal with them.
Yep, they are amateurs and Burto played them well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I see what you’re saying but in all fairness if Townsend is worth $800k then Burton is worth $1.6M lol
Yh halfbacks are just that much more valuable

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Money won’t be our issue. He won’t have the ability to earn more anywhere else given he is contracted to us for next year. Our only danger is Storm or Roosters depending what happens with Keary/Munster

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember that. TBH, I'm not sure if that really happened ot it was just spin. Burton signed because of Baz and a starting half spot. Lsundy is a sponsor with no personal investment in us winning or losing. Not even a supporter. Laundys sponsorship is just business.
Fk Laundy he can fk off

Burton knows this team is HIS team and he’s getting the pieces he needs next year with Reed and Kiks and any other value players Gus signs

Oh and a new coach too

Our supporters need to chill the fk out man
The sky isn’t falling chicken little

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At this point the Burton updates are getting so bad we'll be getting updates on his bowel movements..

Relax. We won't get a decision til November. There's no point reacting to every comment, news story or social media post before then.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t he want to sign with us. We are on the improve and biggest club in sydney. As long as we don’t offer him unders we will be sweet. I’m sure Gus will appoint the right coach
The question is would he want to sign with us if an elite team like the roosters or the storm come knocking? His next contract is such an important one for him....that’s why I keep saying it’s not just about money....it’s the coach and the player roster and culture....I hope I’m wrong but I’m not confident in retaining him

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, a shy country kid from good stock it appears.

I'm not the SLIGHTEST bit worried about him re-signing.

As if Gus is going to let him go at this stage of our rebuild.
You are not worried about re-signing him?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we seriously put a ban on all new Burton contract related stories or threads? Shit is getting ridiculous..

I went from leader of the Burton fan club trying to convince everyone how great he was to now wanting everyone to shut the fuck up about him and his contract for one second. It's one extreme to the other within a one month period on this forum..