Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Townsend is on 800k a season so how much would a Townsend type half cost? This is why the million dollar price tag some on here have put on Burton is ridiculous.
I see what you’re saying but in all fairness if Townsend is worth $800k then Burton is worth $1.6M lol

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s a good reminder. Burton signed to us when we won the wooden spoon.
Here’s an even better reminder. He signed to play under Barrett as he has directly said himself

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was referring to option for 2025
His option is for 2024.

Instead of the club being tight and risk losing him, they told him not to take it so he can sign a long term contract for big money.

Now why would ANYONE, especially Gus, tell him not to take it without having a contract ready for him saving him going onto the market?

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just watched the Burton Interview

"I am enjoying my time here" appears positive, but the phrase 'my time here' tells me that he treats it like a likely temporary phase and is yet to deeply connect to the Club as his spiritual home. This is very normal given he has only been here 2 years and it has been loss after loss and drama after drama while his value shoots up way above his payments.

"The club {this and that} - he talks like the Club is separate to him. He does not say, our Club ever. Once again, he is happy to be a Bulldogs player for the term of contract - but he is very comfortable leaving if the $$ is not right - which is also perfectly reasonable.

I am not having a go at Burton for his language and exposing his position. I am flagging that the Club needs to put itself on notice that there is a lot of work to be done to make Burton feel and want to belong to the Bulldogs for the next 10 years+. This should be the goal and our salary cap and his talent should make a 10 year contract happen. I would even be talking about a contract after footy to promote the Club and train the younger players coming through on good money too.

This may well be the most important signing we will make in the past 20 years and the next 10.
I suggest you mastabate more mate. Will make you less tense.

Reaction score
His option is for 2024.

Instead of the club being tight and risk losing him, they told him not to take it so he can sign a long term contract for big money.

Now why would ANYONE, especially Gus, tell him not to take it without having a contract ready for him saving him going into the market?
Hopefully something is announced soon

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just watched the Burton Interview

"I am enjoying my time here" appears positive, but the phrase 'my time here' tells me that he treats it like a likely temporary phase and is yet to deeply connect to the Club as his spiritual home. This is very normal given he has only been here 2 years and it has been loss after loss and drama after drama while his value shoots up way above his payments.
Just watched it.

Obvious to see when he says "My time here" he is referring to his time here so far, being barely over 6 months.

Last edited: