Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't he only kick like 3 or 4 times in origin. I know one kick trouble the back 3, but other than that. To say his kicking was a game changer. He played well yes

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is it?
600-700k
800-900k
Or, 1M???

What a bunch of hopeless journalists if you can call them that. There are three different opinions on his value. The only sensible thing said is 1M is for players that bring Premierships. Personally he is an $800k player. Win us a premiership and he deserves $1M.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just the shit of a mood I'm in today, but booze Rotguts opinion isn't worth a square of my used toilet paper. Really wish he'd succumb to alcohol poisoning already.

And as much as I'm not a fan of Anasta since hearing about shit he pulled while at the club, he's in a much better position to estimate contract values given that he's a player agent.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just the shit of a mood I'm in today, but booze Rotguts opinion isn't worth a square of my used toilet paper. Really wish he'd succumb to alcohol poisoning already.

And as much as I'm not a fan of Anasta since hearing about shit he pulled while at the club, he's in a much better position to estimate contract values given that he's a player agent.
Agree, Anasta would have a much better idea than the other flogs

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget what you think Burton's worth, he will definitely get offers of a million. Young spine players who can kick, run, pass, tackle, are huge, can play other positions, will obviously become a quality organiser very soon, and is always involved in the big plays, are very uncommon. Fifita at one quality game in 10 got a million from a wannabe finals contender, so Burto at 9 quality games out of 10 will obviously get those offers.

We've got the advantage of being able to upgrade his contract next year but he'll have plenty of choices and it will be about where he wants to play. I can't see him moving if he stays as happy as he is now but how we play in the next few months will have a big bearing on his decision.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bomber won't need Politis for a media gig when he retires either...he is that marketable he will walk into Ch 9 etc...hope he is brushing up on his sports media course lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus is getting his Agent to get that boot manufacturer sponsorship deal done asap....can take this publicity with NFL interest to the limit! :grinning:

He can bring out his own line of sports gear as well as boots.

As if Gus and our Board will be party to taking the chance of loosing him for the sake of $200k off the new 10 mil. salary cap...if so it's their last year of getting re-elected probs and they'd know it :grinning:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is it?
600-700k
800-900k
Or, 1M???

What a bunch of hopeless journalists if you can call them that. There are three different opinions on his value. The only sensible thing said is 1M is for players that bring Premierships. Personally he is an $800k player. Win us a premiership and he deserves $1M.
The market will ensure he earns at least 900k but as i havr said many times the coach and playing roster will determine which club he signs for...we have to be an attractive proposition for him

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have mentioned this previously, his contract after the next one will be his munster contract (the 1.2 million open cheque book one). But you have to walk before you can run. And 1 origin games does mean you are a million dollar player. Great talent and great lad. Dont get me wrong. His management team are some of the best operators in the NRL it seems. Orchestrating this brilliantly he will be in line for a huge payday for the rest of his career.

Id be happy with 750-900 for 2-3 years and then he can pay him the money he deserves as a premier half for the last 6-7 years of his career. Problem is from 1st of November desperate clubs will be throwing 1.2 at him.

How dumb are panthers :p imagine having Burton and Cleary at 6 and 7 :| worst case scenario you throw luai at centre or off the bench or transition him as a fullback or something. But thankfully they didnt want to break up cleary luai combo and no matter what we will get 2 seasons minimum of burto :hearteyecat:

Malla

Reaction score
I am still perplexed as to how it isn't a conflict of interest having Anasta on the show discussing player salaries when he is a player manager lol.

Anyway, they should not be able to discuss this on national TV. It's unfair to Burton, unfair to the bulldogs and unfair to other players and clubs. Who are they to set a range for Burtons salary? They have no idea.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd give him 800-850k a year plus how ever much 3rd party. We need to keep the kid. First full season in the halves will only get better every year

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not that I know anything, but if I did I would offer:

Upgrade next year to $700,000 (instead of the reported $500,000)
2024 - $800,000
2025 - $900,000
2026 - $1,000,000
2027 - $1,100,000

lock the sucker up for five years at $4,500,000
He isn't worth 900k a season.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to settle down. There are no clubs who have the capacity to pay $1m for any player.
A few have in the past and have got average results for their investments.
The salary cap is designed to spread the available cash amongst all the players, not one promising superstar.
I reckon about $750 is tops.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won’t be the next Thurston, he’ll be more a Fitler. Big, strong, good hands, great step, kicking 5/8. Ball runner. He’s not a 7. That’s ok though, you’d still pay someone in the Fitler mould top dollar as you’d still build a team around them ala Chooks early 2000’s

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would he sign with the Roosters? You're barely a top 8 team anymore.. He's settled in well at Canterbury. We can offer as much, if not more than any other club and have Mahoney and Kikau coming next year.. Of course Politis and most other clubs will be chasing him, but you and the media make it seem like he has no interest in staying, which couldn't be further from the truth..
What's so funny about this post @The Innovator ? Is it so inconceivable that not everyone wants to sign with the allmighty Roosters and for once Uncle Nick won't get who or what he wants? It's not Supercoach where you just get whoever you want... It's hard for a Roosters fan to comprehend, I know..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have mentioned this previously, his contract after the next one will be his munster contract (the 1.2 million open cheque book one). But you have to walk before you can run. And 1 origin games does mean you are a million dollar player. Great talent and great lad. Dont get me wrong. His management team are some of the best operators in the NRL it seems. Orchestrating this brilliantly he will be in line for a huge payday for the rest of his career.

Id be happy with 750-900 for 2-3 years and then he can pay him the money he deserves as a premier half for the last 6-7 years of his career. Problem is from 1st of November desperate clubs will be throwing 1.2 at him.

How dumb are panthers :p imagine having Burton and Cleary at 6 and 7 :| worst case scenario you throw luai at centre or off the bench or transition him as a fullback or something. But thankfully they didnt want to break up cleary luai combo and no matter what we will get 2 seasons minimum of burto :hearteyecat:
Definately an error from them as they could have prioritised Burton at fullback etc. But for Panthers it was the bigger picture in Luai and how he is the core of the Samoan group there. If they lost Luai they would have increased their chances of losing the others. Worked out well for us though.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how every piece of shit in the media purposely leaves out that WE TOLD HIM NOT TO TAKE THE OPTION....

Nov 1 means fuck all, he won't hit the open market.
Its what they do best, leave out specific info that would shutdown all their crap.

Sick of this mindless dribble.