Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was going to lie, I'd lie about something better lol
I know but it's how it's written. It's like my long lost cousin twice removed knew Burton's long lost sisters best friend who sneezed at the Panthers & Bulldogs club & knew the janitor & knows what's happening. lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know but it's how it's written. It's like my long lost cousin twice removed knew Burton's long lost sisters best friend who sneezed at the Panthers & Bulldogs club & knew the janitor & I knows what's happening. lol
It was just a reply to some moron who crapped on like he had something important to say.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How the comments have changed from five weeks ago against Saints.. Now people are saying pay him whatever he wants..
I mean he played like trash that game so u cant really blame us. Just want whats best for the dogs to win and he was making it very difficult that day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How the comments have changed from five weeks ago against Saints.. Now people are saying pay him whatever he wants..
He is proving himself at an amazing rate.

Even Gus said yesterday that he gave him a year or two to develop his game, he developed in 3 months...not exact word for word but that's what Gus said.

Hence why we told him not to take the option and earn the big contract that we all knew he will earn.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he kicked it out on the full 3 or 4 times amongst other errors and his first half against saints was probably the worst 40 mins hes ever played... compounded by a hat trick of losses on the trot to shit opposition in canberra, newcastle and wests... of course people were saying that. on the flip side the team and burton have turned a corner and he's playing a million times better now and looks to have settled. his performances against parramatta, wests and qld have shown the quality he's got in him. prior to that he hadn't necessarily set the world on fire for us

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, fk you Drunkfield you trouble stirring dud.

now….

I know I wasn’t alone, any fan with knowledge knew it too, there were plenty of us fans saying to stick with this kid whilst we were having a bad run. Hopefully now the skeptics on here are seeing the light. He is THAT good.

it’s all about a good spine now to be a top 4 team. You need 3 guns, and a handy 4th. Pay this kid very well, make him our main man, tell him it’s his team, whatever, but by keeping him locked in and happy we have 2 out of the 4 positions as GUN players. If Averillo continues to develop at FB he can be a handy 4th spine player and go target a gun half.

We have some fantastic supporting players to add to a good spine. TPJ keeps his head on and he will be up there as one of the best middles in the game. Kikau continues and he is one of the best back rowers in the game. King and RFM are more than handy too. JAC one of the best wingers in the game. Kiraz, Shoupp, Alamoti are all a great crop. Hopefully a Casey, Morrin or Toia can develop too.

I think upload Burton handsomely, target a 7 and perhaps another handy middle and we are a genuine threat.

firstly, PAY BURTON!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he kicked it out on the full 3 or 4 times amongst other errors and his first half against saints was probably the worst 40 mins hes ever played... compounded by a hat trick of losses on the trot to shit opposition in canberra, newcastle and wests... of course people were saying that. on the flip side the team and burton have turned a corner and he's playing a million times better now and looks to have settled. his performances against parramatta, wests and qld have shown the quality he's got in him. prior to that he hadn't necessarily set the world on fire for us
People weren't just saying that he had a bad game or two, the majority of fans were saying he's not a half, he's only a centre, he only looked good because he played for Penrith, he can't handle the pressure, he can fuck off if he wants more money because he's not worth it, or that he should go to the NFL and be a punter because he has nothing to his game but a big boot..

Barely a month later it's a slurpfest and everyone wants to re-sign him for 800k plus and he's the player we need to build around..

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I mean he played like trash that game so u cant really blame us. Just want whats best for the dogs to win and he was making it very difficult that day.
Read my other post in reply to Philmus. It wasn't just he had a bad few games, most of the comments were so over the top and irrational.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone should relax. We are in the box seat to re-sign him. We can offer something no other club can at this stage and that's an increase in his 2023 salary if he re-signs. Stay calm

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From last night Burtons value has definitely gone up and more clubs will show interest.

If anything the dogs now are well aware of what going to happen going forward and will make a move before November 1.

We have the upper hand here and just need to play the cards right.

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Drunkfield just mentioned on NRL360 he spoke with Burton's manager today and Burton will not sign anything until he knows who will coach the Bulldogs.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my Greek friends knows Nick Politis very well & told me that he is targeting Burton. Politis wants Burton to replace Keary as it seems Munster will stay in Melbourne. It’s the same mail I got weeks before Cronk signed at the Roosters.
I think he’ll end up in Bondi