Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will want to wait anyway...a Mom performance in game 3 gets him another 50k or more :hearteyes:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deadset throw 1mil at the kid for 5 years. If there’s any player worth that in the comp behind Cleary it’s this kid. Love him and hope he plays the rest of his footy career in a dogs jersey

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
With respect, you don't know if other Clubs are contemplating him or contacting his agent. You might be connected to some sponsors but as for getting inside the head of every CEO in the NRL, please.
If Burton transitions successfully to 5/8 over coming months, and remember, while he's playing 5/8 with us, he's been picked to play centre in Origin, then he'd be in demand from Dolphins, Knights, Warriors, Manly, Roosters - if Keary is forced to retire, Storm - if they lose Munster as well as us. So yeh, now that Burton has categorically rejected his players option for 2024, and I fully understand that the Club could be preparing an upgraded long term deal to put to him, there WOULD be a bidding war for Burto come Nov 1, if we can't lock him away earlier.
What's far more concerning for me is if Burto is suggesting the Club needs to gain the services of Ciraldo as head coach going forward, before he considers our upgraded contract offer. I will give Burto the benefit of the doubt on the context of his Ciraldo comments, as Potter is currently doing a good job, and should be given due consideration as should Flanno as an experienced NRL coach before Ciraldo is even thought of. Another inexperienced rookie coach is NOT what the Club needs at this juncture.
Agree with your points. There will be interest for him come November 1st.

Whether proven or not in his current position, there will always someone believing in him and taking that chance.

Smart ploy by him and his agent not to take the player option. If I was him I’d do the same, I surely hope he sticks with us because I see him as a long term bulldog great.

Reminding everyone the kid is only 22 years old, great player, and mature young man, and it looks like he has a great family around him, which to me means he’a been brought up well.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with your points. There will be interest for him come November 1st.

Whether proven or not in his current position, there will always someone believing in him and taking that chance.

Smart ploy by him and his agent not to take the player option. If I was him I’d do the same, I surely hope he sticks with us because I see him as a long term bulldog great.

Reminding everyone the kid is only 22 years old, great player, and mature young man, and it looks like he has a great family around him, which to me means he’a been brought up well.
well his old man already has all the dogs merch, surely he won’t make him buy another clubs gear

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With respect, you don't know if other Clubs are contemplating him or contacting his agent. You might be connected to some sponsors but as for getting inside the head of every CEO in the NRL, please.
If Burton transitions successfully to 5/8 over coming months, and remember, while he's playing 5/8 with us, he's been picked to play centre in Origin, then he'd be in demand from Dolphins, Knights, Warriors, Manly, Roosters - if Keary is forced to retire, Storm - if they lose Munster as well as us. So yeh, now that Burton has categorically rejected his players option for 2024, and I fully understand that the Club could be preparing an upgraded long term deal to put to him, there WOULD be a bidding war for Burto come Nov 1, if we can't lock him away earlier.
What's far more concerning for me is if Burto is suggesting the Club needs to gain the services of Ciraldo as head coach going forward, before he considers our upgraded contract offer. I will give Burto the benefit of the doubt on the context of his Ciraldo comments, as Potter is currently doing a good job, and should be given due consideration as should Flanno as an experienced NRL coach before Ciraldo is even thought of. Another inexperienced rookie coach is NOT what the Club needs at this juncture.
I'm connected to one sponsor who was Burtons ex room mate and a former long term board member who still is heavily involved.

I don't give a fuck what other CEOs are thinking. We told him not to take the option so we can give him a long term contract for more money.

You stick to believing the papers and jumping at shadows that aren't there...