Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Either way them saying he's not staying is trolling and nonsense. They are fishing again. They are relentless.
Most of the things they post are just educated (or uneducated) guesses.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Most of the things they post are just educated (or uneducated) guesses.
Funny too how it becomes a thing when Burton has the least reason this year to want to leave. We are in form now, he just got an origin callup while playing for us, hes in form himself in the position he wants to play, and in line for a pay rise if he keeps it up. Someone is butthurt, maybe a Panthers fan, and is trying to stir the pot with this nonsense.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Upgrade his contract to ease my anxiety, please.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is not worth 1 mil. Yet. He is being paid what his worth this year imo. We should increase his salary yearly until he is worth 1 mil.
he is worth whatever someone is willing to pay him.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not to worried, he wanted to run a team, that was his goal, he definitely deserves an upgrade now he’s in a rep jumper. His work with jac says more to me than kikau and Mahoney and they will be massive for him, and looking at it from a halves point of view, add tpj who’s come to life the last few weeks I think he’ll be comfortable there for a while and Sutton will add excitement for a bloke like him, a few more wins this yr, a nice upgrade and why start again somewhere, I trust gus, think he’ll get it done

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
offer burton what he wants...
You guys seriously think his decision to re sign will come down to money? It will be about which club will offer him the best chance to develop and play his best football...if the roosters or storm come knocking what do u think Burton will do? He will want to play in an environment which has the best players around him and a high quality coach ...lets be realistic folks...money will not be a deciding factor

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. The salary cap is going up.
2. He's worth a million dollars.
3. Give him a million dollars.
He is not worth 1 mil. Not by a long shot. He will be, but not now. Last game, how many forward passes and poor kicks did he have? Every game he makes crucial errors. He does a lot of great things too, but he is still nowhere near, say munster. He is worth what he is currently on. Next year, probably about 600-700k. After that, lets wait and see.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Upgrade his contract to ease my anxiety, please.
He’s already said he’s not making a decision yet. Wants to see whether the team continues to improve and what other clubs have to offer, I guess.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Funny too how it becomes a thing when Burton has the least reason this year to want to leave. We are in form now, he just got an origin callup while playing for us, hes in form himself in the position he wants to play, and in line for a pay rise if he keeps it up. Someone is butthurt, maybe a Panthers fan, and is trying to stir the pot with this nonsense.
Media has always loved writing about us (especially when negative) and having Gus on board takes it to another level with FOX.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He’s already said he’s not making a decision yet. Wants to see whether the team continues to improve and what other clubs have to offer, I guess.
He just wants to focus on his footy. He can negotiate in the off-season.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Gus around there’s no way Burton goes. Would offer a big contract to him arguably the next big thing and has excelled in a 16th placed side him and JAC putting it on a plate there clear from the rest. Dally M 2024 calling it now.