Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ's on contract and prob not going anywhere. thommo can go, on too much coin. will leave us a bit light on for middles though wont it?
Hasnt been an issue these past 2 weeks. Doubt we would miss him at all.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From my sponsor source...

He Was told to not take up the option in 2024 BY US and we will offer him a 5 year contract.

This Is Gus just looking after our most valuable player.
"It's believed" means they have no fkn idea.
Drunkenfield and mates at News Lies unLtd have been looking into their crystal balls ( the empty grog bottles ) before reporting our news,
Lately they've become so desperate it's the only source left for them :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s not surprising, but a little concerning.

As a bit of added context, he also said he was in no rush to sort out his future and was looking forward to seeing what Reed and Kikau would add to the team next year.

If we want to keep him, the equation is pretty simple. We need to offer him:

Proof he will be playing in a winning footy team + money that can compete with what is being offered elsewhere.

I don’t think he’s exactly clamouring to get out the door anymore, but if he thinks he has a better chance of winning premierships elsewhere and can get equal or better money at the club that can offer that to him, I think he’ll walk. 100 percent. It is very important that we play well for the remainder of the year and build on that momentum in 2023.

Hopefully during negotiations he will also remember we were the club who offered him > his market worth before he had shown how good he is at first grade level. We took an educated punt on him, hopefully he will show us that same faith. But if we’re losing most of our games or trying to lowball him, it won’t happen.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So we need a competent halfback asap???
Nah, we’re looking alright with Flanno. Just need to build on what we have shown over the past few weeks and offer him good coin.

If you can find a halfback who is a significant upgrade and on the market though…. Sure, go sign him. Just don’t tell me we’ll do better with BBO..Lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After recent years I don’t get too attached to players. If he moves on that’s his choice and the club will survive. Of course I’d prefer him to stay though.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
To start with contract negotiations at this stage would be restricted to very few people at the club, none of whom would leak it to some random journo for no good reason, so he can print it before the club announces it.

Media have been trying to get a "scoop" on everything since time began. Used to mean in the old days you would be first at the site of an innocent or had an exclusive interview with someone. Now not so. Now its throw any idea/assumption we have out there, label it "reportedly" or "we understand that" (which totally disclaims them from bullshitting if it doesnt come true). Put it out there before they know if its true, to try and be the first to say it. And if it doesnt happen its disclaimed with the wording when they reported it. No risk chance of a scoop for them. Now and then they might get it right by accident. I dont see it this time.

At worst for them they trolled some bulldogs fans on their fan website. Stirred some shit, hope it will spread.

Last edited:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if we dont keep him ill stop following the dogs

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah always been the case. The Freddy stuff is a smoke screen, nothing more. It kind of worked because people truly believed that Freddy would be the next coach.

I reckon our form over the last couple weeks has helped as well. Winning games, playing better footy, coming together as a team, even reggies is absolutely killing it. Gould is a God its like he knew all this shit would happen.
Mate seriously do you think Gus will let pangai go before Jackson, put it this way I’ll be very surprised if anybody sees Jackson next year in the blue and white. And if your talking about loyalty ask his bank account how loyal the bulldogs have been. True champion no body can ever question his attitude or commitment, but bigger and better players have been taped on the shoulder, Don’t be surprised if Jackson has already been taped.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Journos these days are like some software developers. Just throw the program out there before its properly tested, and hope it works. Patch it up later.

Also changed the banner on the thread. Its not news.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Makes me sick seeing other fans saying he will join there club like are they dumb they refuse to admit his a bulldog now hahaha