Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Malla

Reaction score
Jacko won’t be re-signed mate. His contract is up at the end of 2023 and he’ll be almost 33 by then. A loyal servant and one of my favourite Bulldogs of the last decade but he’s almost at the end.
I hope you are right.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Must KEEP at all costs, him an the Fox are the faces and future of Belmore, Mighty blue and white !!

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i mean we all know that there is no way in hell that he will take up the player option, but he was literally quoted in the same article “we haven’t spoken about that yet”

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
why is no one talking about this

View attachment 55029
Opening line he says Burton has spoken with the club about not taking up the option, then a direct quote:
“Haven’t spoken about any of that yet, I don’t think there is a rush … I am just focused on playing good footy … getting the job done on Sunday and playing good footy for the Bulldogs,” Burton said.

Quality yawnalism right there lol

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha was just writing the same thing
i mean we all know that there is no way in hell that he will take up the player option, but he was literally quoted in the same article “we haven’t spoken about that yet”

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure this has already been said in the thread here, but he was signed prior to being a First Grade regular, Grand Final winner and now a State of Origin player.

There should be an expectation that a third year option wouldn't be taken and a new contract would be best for him. The hope here is it's with us still.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol no, 800k would make him the third highest paid 5/8 in the game while there isn't even a 5/8 that earns a million a season.
Not many 5/8ths do 90% of the kicking or have the kicking game he does though. I don't know what he'll end up getting.. But with the cap going up and his age/potential, I can see other clubs easily offering more than 800k. Especially when Brooks and Hunt are on over $1 million and Townsend is on 750k.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not many 5/8ths do 90% of the kicking or have the kicking game he does though. I don't know what he'll end up getting.. But with the cap going up and his age/potential, I can see other clubs easily offering more than 800k. Especially when Brooks and Hunt are on over $1 million and Townsend is on 750k.
But that's how clubs ruin there cap. The team needs to balance out. To much for one player ruins the quality of other players signed.