Matt Burton consolidated thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
May is terrible but Burton is definitely not struggling. He’s been very good. Not many kids his age can carry a team on their own back like he’s doing right now. Outstanding performance
He struggled, just like he struggled last week. Misplaced kicks, passes misplaced, etc. But like I said it wasn't all his fault, being inexperienced and having limited touches of the ball with limited options is going to lead to errors.

He played better in the second half because Cleary actually made the left edge the focal point of their attack and scrapped what they were doing before. Burton was getting on the ball with more options at both first and second receiver with May playing the role of a distributer rather than a ball player.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
everyone say sj is under a spell, with our luck he'll do an acl

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Burto for man of the match for me his all class

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s an out and out five eighth give him a decent halfback to work with and he’ll be the best 6 in the game
I agree. I think he’s so much more suited to five-eighth than halfback. His strength is his running game, let him focus on that rather than organizing a team

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
burton yes, Johnston hard pass, too brittle and a prime example of a quick fix
He isn't a quick fix, he plugs a hole in our roster and aids the development of our young halves. I'd rather SJ alongside Burton for a year or two rather than two inexperienced halves in Averillo/Burton. Same for Taupau, plugs another hole in our roster.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He isn't a quick fix, he plugs a hole in our roster and aids the development of our young halves. I'd rather SJ alongside Burton for a year or two rather than two inexperienced halves in Averillo/Burton. Same for Taupau, plugs another hole in our roster.
Then we can move Averillo to FB and not get Dufty. I cannot see us getting both due to the development of Averillo. Taupau would be a great option as Manly will pay some freight.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow, people like putting the boot into him but don't point out that his partner May was fucken useless as always. Wonder how Luai or Cleary would go if they were partnered with this donkey May, or how would Burto go if he was partnered with either Cleary or Luai where they share thr pressure. The opposition know there is no threat from Donkey and therefore concentrate on Burto.
Burto will be awesome, don't you all worry. Hardly waiting for the kid to come and not have to worry if he is playing in the centres or halves.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
look at the players wee have let go in the past
cook
mahoney
harper
and plenty of others

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Then we can move Averillo to FB and not get Dufty. I cannot see us getting both due to the development of Averillo. Taupau would be a great option as Manly will pay some freight.
I'm not sure on Averillo @ fullback, probably something that needs to be evaluated during the off/preseason. Centre is another spot he can develop in, him and Cotric could form a strong combo and he could potentially play a free roaming Tommy Turbo role.

We have a few more options if we recruit SJ, Smith another massive help.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did post saying he looked ordinary at 18 blot
It was just the words he needed to hear