Matt Burton consolidated thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Stuff em. We will get back there soon. He will be an asset to the team.
We will def improve but it probably won't be "soon".

To build our squad to consistently and successfully compete with the top 5 will take a 2-3 years from now...provided we can keep Burton.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great gesture by a quality young man, also love this guy! Matthew Burton your a star, the good thing too is you know he won't change as a human being even if he becomes top of the tree(unlike a couple of their smart arses eg Luai and i saw Chrichton maybe being a tool again yesterday)

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting game this Friday evening, he will be playing as the only recognized half, and will have full control of the team.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching him in a game without stars, I’m not convinced on superstar status. It’s only 20 minutes into game but am worried he is a potential looks good in a good team next 60 will tell.

Malla

Reaction score
Watching him in a game without stars, I’m not convinced on superstar status. It’s only 20 minutes into game but am worried he is a potential looks good in a good team next 60 will tell.
Nobody said he was a superstar? He’s barely played 10 games and this is his first or second starting in his preferred position

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith may do a bit of damage playing him out of position all yr, you’d think you’d loose a bit of touch not playing 5/8 all yr, not saying he can’t get that touch back but they are not doing him many favours by leaving him in the centre’s all yr

Dogs4Eva&Always

Waterboy
Reaction score
1st half down in the penrith game and without thier key players, the hyped up Matty Burton isn’t living up to it IMO.
I’m not tryna knock the kid but if we think he’s going to be our saviour I have my doubts.
The depleted Penrith team he is surrounded by tonight have much more talent than our dogs, and the kid can’t seem to create anything, direct or command. No doubt it’s a shit game with shit calls and stupid mistakes all over the show, but with all of the opportunities penrith have had on their line tonight I would hope burton would be able to break West Tigers poor defence.He’s looking like Flanno and Avo have this year, simple plays, nothing on the line and kicks on set ends.
Hopefully the kid proves me wrong and comes flying out the second half, but if he can’t create anything on the pitch with this penrith side, I’m concerned that he’ll be another passenger player in 2022, and maybe we should seriously be considering SJ as an experienced half to teach our young guys and take a general role in our side moving foward.