News Matt Burton, Charlie Staines in Bulldogs’ sights as $800m pub baron joins chase

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck you talk some shit bro
Our best bet would have been a Salim Mehajar. Young businessman with brains and business nous who could build us over many years to come.
Except he's been dodgy and has run afoot of the law.

Could have been our own Uncle Nick.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This article is really all piss in the wind though isn't it? There's nothing really of susbstance for us to know what the ACTUAL plans of the club and Laundry are. Or am I missing something?

At the end of the day though, if Laundry is in fact getting so involved in the running of the club then it can only be good. Gives our brand a lot more substance, respect having such a high profile backer publically backing the club.

Who knows how much he's putting into the club? But money is only one part of the support he can offer. If he's indeed becoming so hands on, then his experience, contacts, persuasive words could turn out to be priceless for our club at this time.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Our best bet would have been a Salim Mehajar. Young businessman with brains and business nous who could build us over many years to come.

Seriously i.dont bag you out but this would have to be the dumbest fucking thing ever said on the forum. Every slumdog will hang their head in shame.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can land these two signings I will be very optimistic for next year. I’m also expecting different coaching to give us more confidence. I really think we can be a top 8 side next year if we have luck with injuries and get a couple of wins early to boost our confidence

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score

Hahaha this is your best one yet, fucking hilarious

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty,
I will Be very cautious if we had a big businessman to fiscally support us, whether it's Mahajer, Laundy, khoder Nassar or Jaycar Johnston or whoever.

Everyone's always thinking of an uncle Nick style relationship. However, having a power hungry rich dude pulling all the strings is very fraught with danger. It could be more Tinkler than Uncle Nick. What is that businessman decides he wants to move the club to Perth for revenue? Change our colour scheme?
Demand signing Benji for 3 years because he was a fan as a kid? Demand we dump Napa because he indirectly insulted his wife etc

Just be very careful who you allow in your home is all I'm saying. Sometimes the sheep come in wolf clothing.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
uncle nick is chairman of rooster FYI , not a sponsor who is in papers of doing recruitment
last time the dogs had a sponsor who loved to be in media , how did that work out , if I recall (could be wrong as long time ago) was upset the club didn’t liase with him in a certain matter and made Big song and dance when didn’t renew sponsorship .
how did it work for rugby union listening to Qantas on foloau matter , had to settle with Folau and no longer a sponsor

a sponsor pays to get exposure with association of the club , not act or try make decisions and publicise it to gather additional exposure . If he wants to be active , join the board and run the club

hope you bookmark this thread for when this eventually goes sour

also I would love to know , who will you all blame about ineptness and how crap the joint is if these two guys don’t sign and stay at the panthers , the club or the sponsor
He was one of their original main sponsors and still sponsors plenty of their players front page or not through TPAs. I'll blame the club the only reason we can't attract quality players is because of the shithouse state we are now in based off club decisions. Where we sit now and how attractive we are to players has nothing to do with Laundy.

Let's just say he manages to convince them to come over with TPAs then what? How do we spin that as a negative? The only thing Laundy can do right now is make this club look more appealing, there's zero way he could make us look any worse then we do already. It's about time we had someone willing to go out and have a fucking crack at signing people instead of sitting back and hoping they come to us. Because that's got us absolute fucking 0 players in the last 5 years.

Malla

Reaction score
In all honesty,
I will Be very cautious if we had a big businessman to fiscally support us, whether it's Mahajer, Laundy, khoder Nassar or Jaycar Johnston or whoever.

Everyone's always thinking of an uncle Nick style relationship. However, having a power hungry rich dude pulling all the strings is very fraught with danger. It could be more Tinkler than Uncle Nick. What is that businessman decides he wants to move the club to Perth for revenue? Change our colour scheme?
Demand signing Benji for 3 years because he was a fan as a kid? Demand we dump Napa because he indirectly insulted his wife etc

Just be very careful who you allow in your home is all I'm saying. Sometimes the sheep come in wolf clothing.
ok

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
Hotel tycoon Arthur Laundy is heading bush next weekend on a 900km mission to sign two of rugby league’s most exciting youngsters.

The man who owns 72 pubs and is worth $833 million, will visit the parents of Penrith Panthers star rookie discoveries Matt Burton in Dubbo and Charlie Staines in Forbes.

Laundy, 79, recently signed as the major sponsor of the under-siege Canterbury Bulldogs and is determined to help new coach Trent Barrett turn the club back into a NRL powerhouse like the old days.

While most wealthy businessman of his stature spend weekends on their luxury yachts or at expensive restaurants, Laundy will do the long road trip with his son, Craig, the former politician and minister in Malcolm Turnbull’s Liberal Party. Such is his passion for the Doggies.

“My interest in getting involved with the Bulldogs goes far beyond financial,” Laundy said. “I’m keen to mentor and help all our playing roster, new and existing.

“I want us to be a great family club like the old days — and I want these young lads and their families to know that.

“I believe I can offer good advice with life off the footy field.”

Laundy already plays a mentoring role with young sports stars who include GWS Giants AFL star Toby Greene.

He has also had a close association with highly regarded Titans coach Justin Holbrook.

Laundy will be following up on a recent visit made by Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill to the homes of the Panthers five-eighth and winger to sell the Canterbury Bulldogs’ story.

Staines is the rookie who burst into first grade earlier this year with a stunning four-try performance against the Cronulla Sharks.

Burton has had little game time this year, stuck behind the premiership’s form halves combination — Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai.

Both are not off contract until 2022 but the Panthers may consider early releases to help the club upgrade the contracts of the current players who have taken them to the minor premiership.

Brilliant!!

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beats me why posters keep replying and continue getting sucked in :grinning:

The guy must be paid by clicks and replies, so is making a small fortune on here lol
I set him to ignore on here about a month ago - suggest all should do it - the kennel experience is much more pleasant.
Especially those who repeatedly complain about his posts - consider the ignore feature or quit complaining!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I set him to ignore on here about a month ago - suggest all should do it - the kennel experience is much more pleasant.
Especially those who repeatedly complain about his posts - consider the ignore feature or quit complaining!
Exactly this.

Honestly, it's the continual complaining of people that makes it all worse. If it really is so bad then block him, or stop interacting with him.

If you're stupid enough to be sucked in by his bullsh*t then it's on you.

The guy deserves absolute credit for being able to reel in so many day-in-day-out. It's fucking incredible and I totally respect him on that side of things.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly this.

Honestly, it's the continual complaining of people that makes it all worse. If it really is so bad then block him, or stop interacting with him.

If you're stupid enough to be sucked in by his bullsh*t then it's on you.

The guy deserves absolute credit for being able to reel in so many day-in-day-out. It's fucking incredible and I totally respect him on that side of things.
no its the mods, they should be banning the useless ****, he offers nothing