News Matt Bowens Nephew Dwayne Ludwick inks two year deal with NRL Club Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how much emphasis Gus is putting on junior signings and the foundations he's laying for the next three to five years. We're pretty much the number one development club now for a lot of these kids to sign with. It's what clubs like the Roosters have done well for years.

This is how you build a great roster with a balanced cap. Gus will unearth a few stars and regular FGer's out of all of these of junior signings.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are signing a heap of high ceiling types with an emphasis on speed .... love it.
How good were the days sitting on the hill watching the youngsters coming through mate? It's honestly what excites me most about Gould as we're returning to those days of having gun youngsters coming through who you knows are going to make it. Hope this guy's is one of them!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How good were the days sitting on the hill watching the youngsters coming through mate? It's honestly what excites me most about Gould as we're returning to those days of having gun youngsters coming through who you knows are going to make it. Hope this guy's is one of them!
Bullshit. We all know what excites you most about gus! Lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If he's got the lightning speed his uncle had, I'm all for it.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I nearly choked on my smoko when i read there was a team named beenleigh pride.

if you lived in logan/ brisbane youd get it

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't know what exactly is Gus's plans with these recruits but it has a good feel about it.
If we cant breed em, fill out the lower grades with quality.
Its like playing in a band, if you play with great muso's you lift your game and everyone performs/develops.
Penriths playing group they came through together being an example.
Not everyone will make it to first grade NRL but what we will end up with eventually is depth, competition for positions, etc.
I know everyone keeps banging on about Penrith but its true, they are solid and will be a threat for some time.
Makes sense that Gus was there in the early days laying the foundation and is simply doing the same with us.
Breed em, buy them, who cares just getting it done and that's what matters.
I think people getting ahead of themselves predicting ladder positions for the coming seasons.
We are still far behind the top teams. Its going to take a couple of years to strengthen and become a consistent footy Club.
We still haven't seen how Ciraldo with his team of assistant coaches and trainers are going to perform.
Anyways, onwards and upwards.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I nearly choked on my smoko when i read there was a team named beenleigh pride.

if you lived in logan/ brisbane youd get it
Actually if your first home buyer its pretty cheap and not bad if you wanna work south side Bris or Gold Coast.
I wouldnt live there, the smell of the meatworks 5am is putrid like PAL dogfood.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With all these fullbacks surely one of them will be a gun

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic times .... We stopped doing what made us great under Castle/Des and suffered massively.

Gus knows what makes us tick and the future looks bright ... as it should be ... cause we're The MIGHTY FARKING BULLDOGS.

Gee i started getting a bit carried away there ... even detected a bit of movement :p

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've signed plenty of young potential in the lead up to next season. Lots of them are x long way off, but it'd be nice if in a few years we're hearing about all the guys that are good enough for the NRL, but who couldn't get a start with us because we developed better players.

I recall the days when we could name two NRL teams from players that couldn't cut it with us. I hope I can do that again in 6 years.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we cant breed em, fill out the lower grades with quality.
Its like playing in a band, if you play with great muso's you lift your game and everyone performs/develops.
Penriths playing group they came through together being an example.
Not everyone will make it to first grade NRL but what we will end up with eventually is depth, competition for positions, etc.
I know everyone keeps banging on about Penrith but its true, they are solid and will be a threat for some time.
Makes sense that Gus was there in the early days laying the foundation and is simply doing the same with us.
Breed em, buy them, who cares just getting it done and that's what matters.
I think people getting ahead of themselves predicting ladder positions for the coming seasons.
We are still far behind the top teams. Its going to take a couple of years to strengthen and become a consistent footy Club.
We still haven't seen how Ciraldo with his team of assistant coaches and trainers are going to perform.
Anyways, onwards and upwards.
Nicely said mate.
I'm not thinking ladder positions either but who would complain if we made the 8 next year.
If you observe Penrith lower grade teams of 5 or so years ago, the nucleus is now winning premierships in first grade. All these players progressivley pushed the likes of some experienced heads like RCG, Tamou and they where able to filter out the likes of DWZ, Blake and Naden, Waddell etc who they felt were excess and not block the paths of superior players.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicely said mate.
I'm not thinking ladder positions either but who would complain if we made the 8 next year.
If you observe Penrith lower grade teams of 5 or so years ago, the nucleus is now winning premierships in first grade. All these players progressivley pushed the likes of some experienced heads like RCG, Tamou and they where able to filter out the likes of DWZ, Blake and Naden, Waddell etc who they felt were excess and not block the paths of superior players.
Really big challenge for Ciraldo to turn this club around but I think Potter showed that with a few wins, you get some time and space.