News Match Review / Judiciary round 5 charges

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Think Nelsons charge might be for the knee to the head.. I didn't see this live.
TV, and commentators, showed him appearing to come in late and throw a jab punch to the guy on the ground. No mention of knee in the commentary.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ogden pulled Papenhuyzens hair 50m upfield, which started a little scuffle. Storm scored the same set, which is why Munster gave Ofa the treatment after the try. Ogdens been cited for the hair pull, NAS for the punch.
Then we should plead not guilty on a technicality. The incident you mentioned happened at the 34th minute not the 35th minute. Got to use any tactic you can! It's like a criminal was charged with committing a crime at one time but the crime occurred at a different time. They still did the crime but due to a technicality he is innocent.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hair pull is a complete bitch move and Ofa should be suspended if it was deliberate.
This century, in games involving Canterbury, there have been just 2 other hair pulls.

1. Rd 21 2018 Josh McGuire received 1 game + 50 demerit points (but he had 2 prior similar offences)

2. Rd 11 2020 David Klemmer received a fine of $1,150

so if there is any consistency, the fine should be it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So this is more poor communication from the NRL. The fans do not know what it is for. Is NAS for a punch or a knee? Is Ogden's for a hair pull or the fight?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be costly for the giver but M(C)unster should be punched in the mouth once a week until he stops being such a smartarse

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This "contrary conduct" charge tells you nothing. I am guessing that Asofa-Solomona has been fined for the punch on Ogden whilst Melbourne players held him down & had him pinned but what was Ofahiki fined for? He shoved Munster after Munster tocked him on the head. He didn't throw any punches. Munster should have been binned for starting the whole thing. I hope Bellamy had a word to him about getting that crap out of his game.

I seem to remember a game last year when an opponent made a mistake which led us to one of our few tries for the year, one of our players could have rubbed his nose in the mistake, but instead picked him up & was a good sport about it. I think it was Georgallis who made special mention of the good sportsmanship there.
Munster has turned into a little c... a bit they way Greg Bird used to be.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ogden should fight the charge. He did fuckall and Munster deserved what he got the cheeky little c...
Munster should go play for penriff as they are becoming cocky little c.... as well.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone needs to deadset flatten him and pull him back a peg or two.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Must be a Queenslander thing.
Smith, Cherry Evans come to mind straight off.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That shits me too. I guess he learned from the best before he retired.
They got all the gamesmanship and tricks in the book.

If NRLol serious there should have been a letter go out to all clubs that the try like Cheese/Faufusi scored is not on and will be policed.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogden pulled Papenhuyzens hair 50m upfield, which started a little scuffle. Storm scored the same set, which is why Munster gave Ofa the treatment after the try. Ogdens been cited for the hair pull, NAS for the punch.
How can you not pull someone's hair when it looks like that, ofa should be congratulated for it lol looks like one of those waynes world dudes

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 in the bin and a $1500 fine is justified for both I think
In womens, hair pulling treated similar to headshot.

OO got sin-binned for push on Munster, only a fine for the hair pull. NAS got sin bin and fine for what was a pretty wimpy punch. On that basis, I agree.

If a dogs player did a similar punch, I'd be upset with anything more than that so I guess its fair enough...

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How can you not pull someone's hair when it looks like that, ofa should be congratulated for it lol looks like one of those waynes world dudes
Lol He should of pulled at it harder until the mullet came off! Then sent him a bill for improving his hairdo!