News Mason returns back to the kennel

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason returns back to the kennel.

Former Bulldog legend, Willie Mason, has accepted an offer to become a fulltime member of the Bulldogs Coaching Staff as the new Pathways Transition Coach.

In the role, Mason will work closely with players of all ages within the Pathways Program.

Mason, who played in 148 matches for the Bulldogs between 2000 and 2007, including being named Clive Churchill Medallist in the 2004 Premiership winning team, will look to help shape and develop Pathways players in regard to the skills and attitude required to become an NRL player.

Mason, has already started in the role, working closely with General Manager of Pathways & Junior League, Barry Ward and NRL Head Coach, Trent Barrett.

Offical confirmed on Bulldogs website

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We knew about this a couple of months ago but it's confirmed now. It's good to have Mase back at the club to instill some passion and starch back into the pack and help build the culture to what it used to be..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder how this role is different from David Tangata-Toa who is the ‘NRL Transition Coach’. Guessing that Mase works with juniors coming through but DTT works with those already in lower grade who may get get a crack at NRL eg: Aaron Schoupp last year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably could not do it last year due to 2 reasons:

1) COVID
2) Lachlan Lewis was still in the team
His favourite player

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder how this role is different from David Tangata-Toa who is the ‘NRL Transition Coach’. Guessing that Mase works with juniors coming through but DTT works with those already in lower grade who may get get a crack at NRL eg: Aaron Schoupp last year.
My guess would be given Mason's coaching experience is limited is he will be involved with more your 13's to Matts/SG Ball and Tangata-Toa will do SG, Flegg and up...

Reni Maitua is also in the fold as the Harold Matts assistant coach.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My guess would be given Mason's coaching experience is limited is he will be involved with more your 13's to Matts/SG Ball and Tangata-Toa will do SG, Flegg and up...

And Reni and Mase are tight - been mates for years.

Malla

Reaction score

David is coaching NSW Cup this season

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

One thing for sure, if our juniors don't become good first graders they definitely will be PARTY ANIMALS :tearsofjoy:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Mason not like Lewis as a player? Genuine question as I’d never read anything. Must have missed it.

Happy for the club to have guys that want to build it up. Yes, was not pleased how he left, but so long as his heart is with us then give it a try. Gus wouldn’t allow anything that wasn’t right.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tangatoa is coaching the Bulldogs NSW cup sides.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see him back at the club, must say I had gut feel about this when I saw willie having a drink before Xmas with bazza ward at the club,I hope he rubs off on the young guys.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great to see him back at the club, must say I had gut feel about this when I saw willie having a drink before Xmas with bazza ward at the club,I hope he rubs off on the young guys.
its more about culture, Gus is getting the old boys back to bring the dogs winning culture back across all sectors.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After that garbage Mason posted about the Bible being fiction, he can go take a hike.
Only God can judge him.
Jesus sounds good, but we all need more proof.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He's not wrong
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. What made Mason sound like a fruit loop though about what he posted is that he actually is, allegedly, Christian. Look at the tattoo (ignore big Dell lol)...

If you can't make it out, it's Jesus crowed with thorns, and around it says "Only God can judge me" and after that post of his, I'm not sure he remembers that.

1642407372987.png