News Marty Taupau brother signs contract with bulldogs

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can blame Hasler for Taupau Senior leaving us when he did, wasn’t part of Desballs plans! The irony of it is that Martin is now playing under the fraud Hasler!
He still thinks highly of the club going off this recent interview.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would be nice to get Marty for a year or two to finish his career where it started.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Makes me think. I was about to say I’d welcome marty back next year now we missed Leinu to replace Napa.

Though he’s 30 already. Fuck now time flys.
2 years for Marty to finish his career with us would be awesome.
8. Taupau, 10. Thompson, 15. Hetherington, 16. Atoni. Would be an excellent middle third rotation

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and Taupau ended up being the worst out of the lot. A bench player (or reserve grade player) that's decent is always going to get a decent upgraded offer from a rival club that you simply can't match in the salary cap. It also usually comes with more opportunity, minutes. You get first dibs (usually) out of what you have, but you can't always keep everyone.
I remember he did his ACL whilst playing first grade for us. That must have worked against his chances of staying. He took the next hit up after he did it and then left the field which is shows how tough he is.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just think Finucane and Klemmer were showing more promise at the time. When we also had Kasiano emerging I think Marty just got lost in the mix and Hasler wasn't going to invest time into ANY young players
With apologies........There you go fixed it for you....