News Marty Taupau brother signs contract with bulldogs

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ik it’s lower grade but does anyone have any info on this kid

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he makes a decent long term impact on our team. Martin looked like he might be good but left before he cemented a position. I haven't heard of him but if the hashtags are anything to go by he's a long way off NRL. There's a Harold Mathews tag there so potentially more than a few years away from an NRL debut

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair I thought Marty wasn’t making the transition to NRL well. Obviously hindsight will say I was very wrong.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Makes me think. I was about to say I’d welcome marty back next year now we missed Leinu to replace Napa.

Though he’s 30 already. Fuck now time flys.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he is Marty’s little brother. Junior has been in our system for a few years he’s a prop. He only played Mats in 2019 and played off the bench most of the time. He will still be a few years away from figuring in reggies and NRL if he makes it that far.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair I thought Marty wasn’t making the transition to NRL well. Obviously hindsight will say I was very wrong.
True. He had hands like feet when he played for us. As much as I hate Des I can see why Marty was told to make like a tree and leave. I hope someone gets that reference

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True. He had hands like feet when he played for us. As much as I hate Des I can see why Marty was told to make like a tree and leave. I hope someone gets that reference
Marty Mcflyed outta the bulldogs and now we have a second chance with his bro
Yep I’m old enough to get the reference :grinning:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Happy days

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just think Finucane and Klemmer were showing more promise at the time. When we also had Kasiano emerging I think Marty just got lost in the mix and Hasler wasn't going to invest time into that many young players

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just think Finucane and Klemmer were showing more promise at the time. When we also had Kasiano emerging I think Marty just got lost in the mix and Hasler wasn't going to invest time into that many young players
and Taupau ended up being the worst out of the lot. A bench player (or reserve grade player) that's decent is always going to get a decent upgraded offer from a rival club that you simply can't match in the salary cap. It also usually comes with more opportunity, minutes. You get first dibs (usually) out of what you have, but you can't always keep everyone.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Make like a fat man's pants and split.