Rumour Marty Tapau back to Bulldogs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good if we aren’t re-signing Vaughan.

Experience is so valuable, tapau is a professional.

He’s a weirdo with all the crap he says but we need someone with experience to bring through the young pups
If you had to choose between keeping Vaughan or getting Taupau? I’d prefer Vaughan but I have no idea what either’s asking price would be

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Loved Marty when he was here. But no thanks. Not now. To much time has passed for himself and us. !!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a big fan of Taupau, should not have let him go in the first place, but he is now past it and on too much money

we need to fix the spine... we are half way there with Burton at 6 and Mahoney at 9 but 1 and in particular 7 are our biggest concern

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love Marty and wish we never let him go but he's well past his best and has been ordinary this season. If we are signing him, I'd hope it'd be on a very cheap deal

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he’s coming on a minimum wage or 200-250k for a year I’d be ok. About it.

Him and king as bench props with tpj and Vaughan starting suits me.

Fick off Thompson at end of year. Even if we have to pay 200k it gives us that money for taupau and 400k back.

Marty might be keen being a kid here and I think we signed his bro long term last year? Might be about hanging out with him for the twilight.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a No from me. But, hypothetically let’s say Thommo is on $750k or thereabouts. With $250k freight for Thommo, if Marty agreed to $300k (or less), that leaves around $200k to redirect somewhere else and Marty might be able to do a job off the bench and teach the younger guys how to work hard in the gym and on the training paddock.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Might be good for the younger brigade. But only for a packet of smokes and Coke. If he wants anything more than that he can try his luck in England.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Five years ago, but surely not now.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Like getting a bashed up used car

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some old heads with some leadership can’t hurt the club. You can’t have young blokes everywhere, Broncos case in point, Reynolds changed everything for them although being a gun halfback certainly helps

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
He’d have to take a fair haircut for this to make sense. Like a 1/2 million a year haircut. You never know, might not be interested in England and wants to finish his career with the Dogs?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’d have to take a fair haircut for this to make sense. Like a 1/2 million a year haircut. You never know, might not be interested in England and wants to finish his career with the Dogs?
Possible. I do remember seeing him at a couple of games at Belmore even after he left so he’s always had a soft spot for the Dogs