Martin Taupau - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taupau has been getting better with every game.getting up to the speed of the game and doing all the little things well.noticed he's been doing a lot of tackling around the ruck and not getting dominated.hope we keep him because we will have a great fwd rotation IMO.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has this year and next year to state his case and presence as a Forward enforcer. All his junior days have massive wraps and his best highlight is his Junior Kiwi vs Australia chase on a speedster.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's possible that we will have tarpau,klezmer,Williams coming of the bench which would be pretty awesome.i always though the best thing that can come out of the loss of Kay's/graham/Pritchard would be the blooding of tarpaulin,klezmer.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taupau has stepped up in 2013. With the injury/suspensions in our forward roste, Marty has really lifted and filled in the role superbly. Well done so far.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's played well so far this season. Hope he keeps it up.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Sounds like he is not ready to just roll over and give up his position once Kasiano and Graham are back.

This can only be a good thing...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's impressed me thus far. The good thing is once we are at full strength there will be good depth. How's this for a forward pack!

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Graham
15. Finucane
16. Williams
17. Taupau

18. Halatau
19. Browne
20. Klemmer

Good pack with very good depth. One bad game and you could miss your spot to the younger guys, good for the future!

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Was pleased with his effort tonight. His first 30 min stint especially.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if they did let him go to free up some $$ des wont stand in his way when we have an abundance of props now and i cant see him getting much of a go from now

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hes to good of a safety backstop if needed to let go, I would like to see the club try to retain him, hes young and still has the best years in front of him

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got hands like feet his only issue plus 4 props in front of him

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No room at the kennel for Taupau

Rising prop Martin Taupau is clearly on the outer at the Bulldogs. Taupau was named in the starting side to take on the Tigers tonight, but has been dumped from the 17-man squad following the late

inclusion of Sam Kasiano for his long-awaited return. Taupau is still under contract for next season, but has several clubs interested in picking him up. With the Bulldogs re-signing big men Frank Prichard,

Greg Eastwood and Aiden Tolman and Englishman James Graham now back on deck, the Bulldogs may let Taupau go.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filefriday-233231

I hope this isn't true but who could blame him for leaving. The guys come through our ranks loves the club and lives in the area it's sad to see nice guys like marty have to potentially move away from the

club to get an opportunity.

If he does leave than I wish him all the best and hope he can carve out a great career for himself.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love the nrl have a loan system. Loan out taupau to, lets say to the tigers. He will gain valuable 1st grade experience and may force a bench spot as it looks like halatau is leaving. Crazy idea, don't know if it would work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.