Opinion Martin makes difference

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As soon as Martin came on we looked a lot more dangerous, him and CHN are the only ones that know how to run lines. Pay needs to get over himself and pick the most balanced side. I know we have a shit side but if we at least play our players in the right position we would have a better chance of winning games.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In fairness CHN was pretty good in Canterbury Cup today, but still gave away a few really stupid penalties and made a few errors.

That said one penalty was for absolutely destroying a bloke in a tackle. Nearly cut the bloke in half and it was completely legit.

Martin need to be in the side.... 100% ... and play more minutes.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fairness CHN was pretty good in Canterbury Cup today, but still gave away a few really stupid penalties and made a few errors.

That said one penalty was for absolutely destroying a bloke in a tackle. Nearly cut the bloke in half and it was completely legit.

Martin need to be in the side.... 100% ... and play more minutes.
LOLOLOL sounds like a penalty the dogs would cop.
Where can you watch CCup games after the fact?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOLOLOL sounds like a penalty the dogs would cop.
Where can you watch CCup games after the fact?
@TABOO If you find it the hit is at 36:27 ... he absolutely nukes the bloke. Hits hard, picks him up, and slams him into the turf.

Foxtel On Demand normally have the previous weeks games to a certain date (doesn't look like it via Foxtel online)

Likewise the games on Ch9 are on 9Now.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@TABOO If you find it the hit is at 36:27 ... he absolutely nukes the bloke. Hits hard, picks him up, and slams him into the turf.

Foxtel On Demand normally have the previous weeks games to a certain date (doesn't look like it via Foxtel online)

Likewise the games on Ch9 are on 9Now.
Yeah, I only have the foxtel app, not on demand :(
and sadly it wasnt a channel 9 game so I am screwed there too haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I only have the foxtel app, not on demand :(
and sadly it wasnt a channel 9 game so I am screwed there too haha
I use on demand via Chrome (watch.foxtel.com.au) which you can use if you have a Foxtel account.

BUT still doesn't have all NSW Cup old games.

I know you can buy them from NSW RL so maybe thats the reason.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All of the above lol.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side is definitely better when Martin is on the field.

He does run good lines and is a decent ball playing backrower. Every time he goes at the line defenders are in two minds and we look almost dangerous...I rate the bloke highly

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The side is definitely better when Martin is on the field.

He does run good lines and is a decent ball playing backrower. Every time he goes at the line defenders are in two minds and we look almost dangerous...I rate the bloke highly
Agree..but I'd like to see him have a bit more aggression in his running and offloads. Be a shame to lose him but he has been stuffed around severely when you factor in the past 2 years so would probably be better off.

CHN will be asking for a release next probably...can anyone confirm the 40 minutes test Pay supposedly set for him? Seems ridiculous.

https://www.facebook.com/301160223404600/posts/1110039162516698/

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just put martin on left edge and chn on right. Let them play 80 mins. How hard can that be??
This ^^ Plus JJ (out of respect to past performances and capt) at lock. It's so obvious it's painful to realise a fg coach can't see it. That's whats stirring up members and fans. Any other fg coach, hell enee coach, would have used that back 3 in those positions. The only maybe is Josh not really deserving of a spot on form, although he was better against Raiders.

Fans are bitterly disappointed we have yet another stubborn, brain dead coach.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ^^ Plus JJ (out of respect to past performances and capt) at lock. It's so obvious it's painful to realise a fg coach can't see it. That's whats stirring up members and fans. Any other fg coach, hell enee coach, would have used that back 3 in those positions. The only maybe is Josh not really deserving of a spot on form, although he was better against Raiders.

I hear you.
I like rfm too but we cannot afford to complicate things just because we have too many backrowers. He just have to be back up or develop into a middle forward. Pretty sure he was a lock in junior days.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nah it’s better to have C Smith and Elliott playing big minutes instead

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Just put martin on left edge and chn on right. Let them play 80 mins. How hard can that be??
If the players had gotten their discipline in line then it might be a valid suggestion, but they haven't, so it isn't.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If the players had gotten their discipline in line then it might be a valid suggestion, but they haven't, so it isn't.

Go Dogs
Can you elaborate with facts just what the problem has been between them and Pay. They have still been our best forwards so it hasn't affected their form (to a large degree..by comparison to the rest of the squad).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson
we all know this... Pay does not
Our edge forwards should've been key to our attack this season yet Pay has absolutely fucked it up more than I ever thought was possible. Can't believe Elliott got 80 on the edge last match, just ridiculous.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our edge forwards should've been key to our attack this season yet Pay has absolutely fucked it up more than I ever thought was possible. Can't believe Elliott got 80 on the edge last match, just ridiculous.
Elliott just isn’t up to standard ,neither is toleman
I felt a better vibe once Martin came onto the field
Pay is killing us bit by bit,painful attending the games

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep he's a fucking wanker, amazes me how stupid he has been with our injured players... hey Adam first game back your starting over all our better backrowers. Did the same with Napa when Ogden was killing it.

Last edited: