Marshall, Mbye named Wests Tigers co-captains

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/06/marshall-mybe-named-wests-tigers-co-captains/

Wests Tigers veteran Benji Marshall will share the captaincy duties with Moses Mbye in 2020.

The club announced on Thursday that Michael Maguire had appointed the experienced duo to lead the side and the coach expected them to lead the team to a successful campaign.

"I’m very pleased to have Moses and Benji as captains of this team," Maguire said.

"Moses and Benji are strong leaders who will take this club forward with their influence and the example they set both on and off the field.

"They are widely respected not only by their teammates, coaches and staff at Wests Tigers but also throughout the game of rugby league, and their appointment in this role allows us to strengthen the leadership of this club.

"With this appointment, our expectations as a group are that every player in our squad will lead the organisation to success. Moses and Benji have a key role to play for us as leaders in 2020, and I have no doubt that they will make all involved with Wests Tigers proud in the year ahead."

Mbye, who was the club's captain last year, said he was excited to have Marshall by his side.

"To have someone like Benji beside me in this role is a fantastic thing and definitely strengthens the leadership throughout our team as a whole," he said.

"We have really strong values at this club, and it’s our job as captains to show that out on the field and encourage others in this team to lead in that way."

Marshall is the second-most capped player in Wests Tigers history and has captained New Zealand more than anyone else in Kiwis history.

"Being named captain of this club alongside Moses is an incredible honour and one of the proudest moments of my career," Marshall said.

"Leadership is a privilege and I certainly don’t take that for granted at a club I love.

"I have learned a lot about leadership throughout my career and feel incredibly proud to join Moses and lead a great group of men and our club to a successful 2020."

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Benjis the man, always liked him as a bloke an as a player, very humble guy an deserves it, hope he finishes his career on a high.

mbye on the other hand lol.. well totally diff story. We won’t go there though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Benjis the man, always liked him as a bloke an as a player, very humble guy an deserves it, hope he finishes his career on a high.

Wouldn't surprise me if after his career Mbye writes a tell all book and explains that the secret to his success was that he would hire a high class prostitute to seduce his coaches and then take photos of the two engaged in the horizontal tango which he threatens to expose to their wives. But congrats to Benji Marshall.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mbye never reached his potential under Hasler and is looking a bit more dangerous at the Tigers

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye never reached his potential under Hasler and is looking a bit more dangerous at the Tigers
A bit more dangerous to the Tigers, if anyone. Works well for the other 15 teams.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses can do more of his cliche interviews fmd

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty clear to me, make Benji and Mbye co-captains and then he has no issue dropping Mbye to the bench or reserves because he still has Benji.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tigers are wasting their time with Benji... They need to move on 'again'. 9th so many times now, he's not the reason they lose but for the most part he's certainly not the reason they win either. Brooks has been hampered by Benji and Farah throughout his career as they always trying take ownership of the side. They are a mess of a club, people say we are bad, but we accepted our fate and went through some dark times to now come out the other side.. these guys just keep treading water and overpaying shit players like Mbye, Reynolds and Douehi

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's beyond me how Mbye gets such good wraps.

Although I don't concern myself too much with it these days coz he's the tigers problem now lol.

He's a bit of a nothing player. He can 'sort of' play fullback or 5/8 or hooker or centre but he can't play any of those positions really well.