Marshall king

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this might be a nothing post but does anyone else think this bloke looks so much like Luke Goodwin who played for us in the mid 90's?

Was one of my favourite players back then and everytime I see Marshall kings head it reminds me of Luke Goodwin.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
this might be a nothing post but does anyone else think this bloke looks so much like Luke Goodwin who played for us in the mid 90's?

Was one of my favourite players back then and everytime I see Marshall kings head it reminds me of Luke Goodwin.
I can see the resemblance

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He seemed to get a bit rag dolled against souths

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was at the game and watched JMK pretty closely, this kid has no idea at all at times, late in 2nd half when we were attacking Souths line, Hoppa and JMK had no idea where to go, they were looking at each other and pointing to where to run, but by the, Foran had already got the ball and running down Souths Left defense and Hoppa and JMK were in no mans land in middle/right edge...

I know its his 2nd starting game but he doesnt have the natural insticts and ability to take charge like his brother did or other 5/8s for that matter...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, can definitely see the resemblance, good player Luke Goodwin.

I mentioned in a previous post that a couple of Tigers mates didn't rate him at all when we signed him, said he was a reserve-grade toiler.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One day JMK will be a superstar.. he’s only young an they all have to start somewhere, I said it from the start an am sticking by that. I expect to get a lot of negative comments and I accept everyone’s replies..

Now I wait for all the criticism from my comment lol. Be nice guys we all have our favourites and that’s my opinion weather I’m right or wrong..I’f I’m wrong I will take the hate an eat my own words haha.

Let it begin..!!

Last edited:

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Now I wait for all the criticism from my comment lol. Be nice guys we all have our favourites and that’s my opinion weather I’m right or wrong..I’f I’m wrong I will take the hate an eat my own words haha.

Let it begin..!![/QUOTE]
Don't know if I agree. But hey each to their own and I love your attitude.
God luck to you

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was at the game and watched JMK pretty closely, this kid has no idea at all at times, late in 2nd half when we were attacking Souths line, Hoppa and JMK had no idea where to go, they were looking at each other and pointing to where to run, but by the, Foran had already got the ball and running down Souths Left defense and Hoppa and JMK were in no mans land in middle/right edge...

I know its his 2nd starting game but he doesnt have the natural insticts and ability to take charge like his brother did or other 5/8s for that matter...
Yeh he looked lost on more than one occasion. Usually rookie halves make up for this with instinct, incisive running or something positive, but he just doesn’t have the talent.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Let it begin..!!
Don't know if I agree. But hey each to their own and I love your attitude.
God luck to you[/QUOTE]
You don’t have to agree brother , that’s what it’s all about. And your right! Each to their own is exactly the way it should be.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I already told you this a few weeks ago. He can be a solid half if Foran takes control.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One day JMK will be a superstar.. he’s only young an they all have to start somewhere, I said it from the start an am sticking by that. I expect to get a lot of negative comments and I accept everyone’s replies..

Let it begin..!!
You won't get any criticism mate, as you've articulated your argument nicely and haven't been a prick about it ;)

I think we all hope he kicks-on and I'll be the first to say you were right from the start.

Fingers crossed, for you and us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You won't get any criticism mate, as you've articulated your argument nicely and haven't been a prick about it ;)

I think we all hope he kicks-on and I'll be the first to say you were right from the start.

Fingers crossed, for you and us.
Hey mate!! what a bloody awesome reply !
Thank you baseball furies :grinning:

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I won’t be disappointed with him getting first grade experience this year to then take over the number 9 next year.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Let it begin..!!
Agree with you he is still on a learning curve but at least we have a kicker for line now instead of sailing it into opposition fullbacks all the time. He shows signs of being a good player when he gets more experience

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
I think he plays with alot of heart and made some food tackles , especially close to the line.. with the amount if dropped ball and penalties , it was hard for jmk to get into the game ..

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see the similarities.

On JMK’s performances so far, he seems to be hanging back, keeping out of trouble, just doing enough without making a mistake.

We need more than that from a half. He needs to assert himself.

He’s shown talent, but halves need to organise, not just show occasional flashy play.

Currently, Foran’s our Only organiser.

Lichaa isn’t an organiser either, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.