Marriage and Surnames

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Pity Fool Sorry to hear that but at least you got what you wanted in the end. After the break up I dealt with a similar situation when it came to my kids. She made my kids call me by my name not as dad and made the kids call her new guy dad. In her eyes I am just a sperm donor. I tried doing mediation to work out seeing the kids with my ex, but she kept always wanting to change things every time it came to sign it on her end. Eventually the whole thing just fell through. All I wanted is decent access to my kids, not trying to take them off her. I haven't properly seen them in about 3 years apart from running into them around town but that's because of both my work hours and my ex. I've recently started a new roster which opens up the ability to hopefully have more chances to see my kids given the ex comes to the table.

Otherwise court it will be!

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
what I am really interested to know, is where this whole "step" thing came about.. step families... imo you're either family (blood), or not.. just because two people are dating does not mean everybody related to each of those individuals instantly become one family
I've got a half sister from my mother who got with a piece of shit which was tited stepdad in an ironic twist of fate even his own daughters want nothing to do with him!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a half sister from my mother who got with a piece of shit which was tited stepdad in an ironic twist of fate even his own daughters want nothing to do with him!
It's such a stupid concept... not blood = not family... no silly title will change that

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's such a stupid concept... not blood = not family... no silly title will change that
people call me ignorant for never wanting to get in a relationship with a single mother.
When they ask why my answer is because I was mostly raised by one!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Its alright theres no shortage of Brazilian women in Sydney and being the mustang that I am, have no trouble clicking with them!
There's no shortage of them online either - and I don't mean I go looking for them or anything, but I play Miniclip 8 Ball Pool on my phone, freaking hell I swear at least 1 in 2 people I play are South American women - and it's because they sync their Miniclip account with Facebook you can see their photo lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
what I am really interested to know, is where this whole "step" thing came about.. step families... imo you're either family (blood), or not.. just because two people are dating does not mean everybody related to each of those individuals instantly become one family
The Brady Bunch has a lot to answer for..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no shortage of them online either - and I don't mean I go looking for them or anything, but I play Miniclip 8 Ball Pool on my phone, freaking hell I swear at least 1 in 2 people I play are South American women - and it's because they sync their Miniclip account with Facebook you can see their photo lol.
Brazilians are like a plague in Sydney now!
Not only do they look hot but they feel hot!
At least the one I see anyway.lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
Brazilians are like a plague in Sydney now!
Not only do they look hot but they feel hot!
At least the one I see anyway.lol
I remember I used to buy my coffee from a place called Colombian Coffee Connection place in a little laneway off Pitt Street when I used to work at that end of town. They'd were Latinas, make great coffee, and it was only $2.50... the only problem was they had no idea what my 'usual' was. I'd go there everyday and they couldn't understand what I was telling them lol. They didn't speak much English, yet ran their own legitimate business in the city. Go figure.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
people call me ignorant for never wanting to get in a relationship with a single mother.

The people who get mad over guys not wanting to date single mums are generally single mothers lol... I ain't yo baby daddy

Wahesh

Reaction score
I have nothing against single mothers, I really don't know what the circumstances are for them becoming single, they are possibly perfectly innocent, but the problem for me is the children are generally less accepting, and also baggage that comes with it. It's a headache I can't deal with.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The people who get mad over guys not wanting to date single mums are generally single mothers lol... I ain't yo baby daddy
Nothing wrong with dating single mothers, at least you know they put out :tonguewink:

Just don't add to the kid list!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with dating single mothers, at least you know they put out :tonguewink:

Just don't add to the kid list!

I mean dating yeah fine... but an actual relationship.. yea na

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against single mothers, I really don't know what the circumstances are for them becoming single, they are possibly perfectly innocent, but the problem for me is the children are generally less accepting, and also baggage that comes with it. It's a headache I can't deal with.

that's the thing.. they say men are scared of responsibility re single mothers but at the end of the day, it's not your children and it's not just like you're going to waltz on in and do everything an actual father does.. and that's right... children are less accepting... some are just better actors than others

Wahesh

Reaction score
that's the thing.. they say men are scared of responsibility re single mothers but at the end of the day, it's not your children and it's not just like you're going to waltz on in and do everything an actual father does.. and that's right... children are less accepting... some are just better actors than others
Correct. The movie “Daddy’s Home 2” is a classic example of this. Everytime Mark Whalberg’s character says something to his daughter, her first response generally is “You’re not my dad!” - and kids will always use this against their step dad.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct. The movie “Daddy’s Home 2” is a classic example of this. Everytime Mark Whalberg’s character says something to his daughter, her first response generally is “You’re not my dad!” - and kids will always use this against their step dad.

and there lies the great conundrum... I couldn't personally deal with that.. I either have my own kid (blood), or I don't... screw willingly putting yourself into a situation where you have to deal with regular resentment

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There were a few times in the past I was hitting it off with a wiman in a club.
Then they curveball you with the shit testvand mention the kids to see your reaction!

Thats when id say im just going to the bar and then bail out of there.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There were a few times in the past I was hitting it off with a wiman in a club.
Then they curveball you with the shit testvand mention the kids to see your reaction!

Thats when id say im just going to the bar and then bail out of there.

not gonna lie.. I have 'dated' two girls who have kids... but that was enough a deterrent for me... too many ''fish in the sea'' to be dealing with that shiett

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit-****, hows that for a hyphenated surname