Mark Geyer on our side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mark Geyer can’t believe the punishment handed down by the NRL to the Bulldogs over Mad Monday antics

[https://cdn-newsapi-com-au]Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have been slapped with a huge fine for their Mad Monday antics. Picture: Toby Zerna

MARK Geyer has taken a strong stance in defence of the Bulldogs, saying the NRL’s proposed $250,000 fine is a huge “over-reaction”.

The club was issued the breach notice after players were caught getting naked and running amok at a Sydney pub on Monday.

“I must have had too many head knocks as a player because I just don’t get the outrage, I don’t get it,” Geyer said on Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG.

“No matter what your feelings on the drama are, it’s excessive the fine but it’s also a bloody big deterrent for ongoing things and I think the NRL had to act … but $250,000?“I don’t know. Is it just me? Is it just me or is this the biggest overreaction I’ve ever seen in my life?”

The former rugby league hardman said the players involved only embarrassed themselves, so there was no reason to come down so hard on them.

“I know that these guys are on big money and they’re privileged guys, but they’ve also got a camera following them everywhere they go,” he continued.

“For nine months of the year they’ve toed the line, so one day they’ve let their hair down and got nude. Who got hurt? Was someone assaulted, did they swear at anyone, did someone complain? I just don’t get it.

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
You won't find too many old footballers who have their panties up in a bunch over it.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But Mark Geyer is as thick as 2 planks and what do you mean "between them and us"?? this shit is between nobody else except the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and no one else!! its a simple as "WE FUCKED UP AGAIN"!!! just get on with it and have a long hard look at yourselves in the fucking mirror, cop it sweet little Children!!
I just hope the $250,000 is deducted from the salaries of players, Captain, the Coach and the General Manager of Football, I hope the fucking club is not stupid enough to pay for it or this shit will happen again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Be careful MG ...you just made yourself a target of the Murdoch propaganda press.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
tomorrows daily telegraph "mark geyer took advanced hair endorsement money then had the audacity to go bald, shocking revelations page 22"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
But Mark Geyer is as thick as 2 planks and what do you mean "between them and us"?? this shit is between nobody else except the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and no one else!! its a simple as "WE FUCKED UP AGAIN"!!! just get on with it and have a long hard look at yourselves in the fucking mirror, cop it sweet little Children!!
I just hope the $250,000 is deducted from the salaries of players, Captain, the Coach and the General Manager of Football, I hope the fucking club is not stupid enough to pay for it or this shit will happen again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder what Chris Anderson things about it behind closed doors..

Surely him, Mortimer and the boys had some absolutely mad mondays in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.