Margaret Court.. were the project hosts disgraceful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
She's entitled to her own opinion as to whether she wants to gay marry....she is not entitled to an opinion on whether others should be able to...or rather, she is entitled to that opinion, but nobody is bound to take it seriously or respect that viewpoint....it's really that simple IMO. I don't think it'ds her business and I have no respect for her viewpoint.

Stop using the law as a defence...laws change...and the only reason this law hasn't changed yet is because of regressive politicians. Many human rights violations have already occurred in this young nation in the name of the law. The law in this case is stupid, regressive and restrictive of individual liberties and personal freedoms. It is not reflective of this time and age and it needs to change.

If you don't like it, fine....don't gay marry anyone.....you have zero right to tell two same sex people they don't have that right. I don't care if your position is backed by antiquated laws, regressive politicians and passive aggressive, nasty people like Margaret Court....by telling others who they can or can't marry, you're sticking your nose in other people's business.

Yes, she is disgusting in my opinion. I have less than no respect for her. And if she wants to use her sporting profile as a platform to try and spew her intolerant crap, she has no right to ask people to respect her tennis career separately of her opinions.....

Tennis legend or not, Margaret Court is a national embarrassment IMO.

She's 100 percent entitled to her opinion....just as others are 100 percent entitled to say she's sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong.....or that she is a shit person for holding a given opinion.

If she's entitled to think she should have a say over whether two other consenting adults have a right to marry, I am entitled to reject her views and opine that she is a crazy and mean spirited old fuckwit.
Where's the face-palm emoticon on here?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Where's the face-palm emoticon on here?
Translation; I have no valid argument to make, do I'll just try and deride the post I don't like rather than respond rationally. In other words, an "oh won't someone please think of the farmers" argument.

If you find that face palm option, use it in your own post.

Margaret Court is a semi coherent, ranting twit.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best to keep it respectful.....unless the human rights of gay people are involved? It really infuriates me how certain religious ideologues refuse to show respect but request respect be shown to their disrespectful views
Yep their texts make all kinds of accusations and vilification on non believers but we have to be respectful

LMFAO

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep their texts make all kinds of accusations and vilification on non believers but we have to be respectful

LMFAO
Yeah....please be respectful as we vilify you for living your life as you see fit.....in the nicest possible way.....haha gimme a break!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I am a Christian and to tell you the truth 3 of my good friends opened up to me about their sexuality. (I being the first person they opened up to despite knowing my view). They are still my good friends. I love them.

I don't care what the secular world does. I cant and wont stop it but I will not support it just as long as they don't force churches to marry gay people. That's my position.
Fair enough......at least you acknowledge that your opinion isn't and shouldn't be the be all and end all for others.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Yeah....please be respectful as we vilify you for living your life as you see fit.....in the nicest possible way.....haha gimme a break!
Like I said earlier mate, they can get married for all I care but I wont advocate or support it. It will only be a problem for me if they force churches to marry gay couples.

So I'm not too sure what you and your mate are going on about.

I respect everyone. You have the free will to do anything you want. However, there is a price for everything.

I am not any better than the gay person. Never thought I was better than anyone

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Fair enough......at least you acknowledge that your opinion isn't and shouldn't be the be all and end all for others.
And that's the problem with some Christians, they spit hate and give off a bad rep. To be honest, I don't like to associate with them because they are hypocrites themselves with their own lifestyles.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe that we still live in a society where laws are determined by religion.

I am willing to acknowledge that marriage has throughout history been a religious event, but society has long evolved past this being true. You can be married in any location now, without any religious ceremony or religious people even being involved.

Marriage has nothing to do with religion for many people, it is about the State formally acknowledging two peoples union and all of the legalities which come with that. Any two people should be able to enter into this union, no matter what sex they are or what their beliefs are.

We should have a total separation of church and state, on all matters.

If you do not agree with this, you are entitled to that opinion. You can complain about it all you want, but your disagreement should not have any bearing on what other people want to do and can do. People should just concentrate on things that impact themselves and leave everyone else alone.

I am so sick and tired of religious people trying to impose their beliefs on other people. No one cares what you believe.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You are an asshole mate.
Mr Asshole to you

You do know that this whole topic has been revolving around Margaret court trying to force her views on others, something that you just posted you're against

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Mr Asshole to you

You do know that this whole topic has been revolving around Margaret court trying to force her views on others, something that you just posted you're against
I am 100% for separation of Church and State. (I believe corruption occurs when the wall between the two is broken down).

She came out with her opinion and what she believes to be best for society. She has every right to say and state that.

---

I will never force anyone around me to believe what I believe but I do like to share my beliefs with others who are interested to know or learn.

---

I believe the problem is on both sides. No one is respecting the other. I think one because (yes I agree) there are people pushing their beliefs on others and the other side is ridiculing people of faith. So how can we resolve this issue? I believe Christians should find compassion, respect and love for everyone. On the other hand I believe the gay community should respect where people of faith come from.

And as much as you probably don't believe me, I am fairly open and of understanding where the gay community comes from. I just don't respect when people misuse or attack a religious faith and I certainly don't respect people of faith who attack and disrespect the gay community.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She came out with her opinion and what she believes to be best for society. She has every right to say and state that.
But she didn't just come out with her opinion. She came out with a letter, addressing the CEO of Qantas, and threatening not to use Qantas anymore because of the stance Qantas' CEO took, i.e. a boycott.

No one will object to her coming out with her opinion, everyone has a right to it, but when she herself links SSM with Nazism, Communism (even though she doesn't understand but has a negative connotation to it), the devil possessing people's minds, the LGBT community trying to forcibly convert young people to their side, then of course these accusations are going to cop a backlash, especially when they're cruel, nasty and LIES.

I believe the problem is on both sides. No one is respecting the other. I think one because (yes I agree) there are people pushing their beliefs on others and the other side is ridiculing people of faith. So how can we resolve this issue? I believe Christians should find compassion, respect and love for everyone. On the other hand I believe the gay community should respect where people of faith come from.
I understand that, and accept you at face value in saying that you act respectful. However, there are a large number of religious people who shove their religion down our throats, who try to force their beliefs on others, examples:-

• opposition to SSM
  • John Howard initially changing the laws and given his majority both in the House of Reps and the Senate, passing without a proper debate on it
  • opposition to abortion
  • Tony Abbott taking $250 million from School Psychologists who were to be funded for ALL schools and giving this $250 million to School Chaplains
The initial stone is cast by the one side.

If SSM is passed, I couldn't understand for the life of me why a same se couple would want to marry in a church that rejects them, they'd more than likely find a church that accepts them, if not some other avenue.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive come to the conclusion this old ladys statements dont bother me or cause me to lose no sleep , neither do gays wanting to get married.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And that's the problem with some Christians, they spit hate and give off a bad rep. To be honest, I don't like to associate with them because they are hypocrites themselves with their own lifestyles.
Yeah and that's what I take exception to personally...not people's right to enjoy religious freedom and have an opinion...I'm fine with that....it's people who feel they have a right to project their feelings, moral codes and values into others that irritate me.

I think Margaret Court's rhetoric is divisive and hurtful and only further demonises a cultural group (LGTBI people) that has already been traditionally plagued with mental health issues borne of bullying, stugmatism and societal intolerance.

She's not just stating an opinion, she's using her public profile as a pulpit on which to stand and spread poorly chosen, hirtful words. She's willing to use her tennis career as a platform to try and make her statements and opinions more influential, yet she cries foul and asks people to keep her tennis out of it when her words create a backlash and players quite honestly come out saying they don't want to play st her arena any more.

She's the one who brought her tennis into this by trying to use it to create a bigger platform for herself.

I think she's a pretty vile and hypocritical human being tbh...that doesn't mean I begrudge religious people for having an opinion. Margaret Court shows absolutely no dignity or respect for others when expressing her opinion. That's my problem with her.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah and that's what I take exception to personally...not people's right to enjoy religious freedom and have an opinion...I'm fine with that....it's people who feel they have a right to project their feelings, moral codes and values into others that irritate me.

I think Margaret Court's rhetoric is divisive and hurtful and only further demonises a cultural group (LGTBI people) that has already been traditionally plagued with mental health issues borne of bullying, stugmatism and societal intolerance.

She's not just stating an opinion, she's using her public profile as a pulpit on which to stand and spread poorly chosen, hirtful words. She's willing to use her tennis career as a platform to try and make her statements and opinions more influential, yet she cries foul and asks people to keep her tennis out of it when her words create a backlash and players quite honestly come out saying they don't want to play st her arena any more.

She's the one who brought her tennis into this by trying to use it to create a bigger platform for herself.

I think she's a pretty vile and hypocritical human being tbh...that doesn't mean I begrudge religious people for having an opinion. Margaret Court shows absolutely no dignity or respect for others when expressing her opinion. That's my problem with her.
Of course tennis would create lesbians if i were a chic and had this grunting and groaning at me for an hour id be jumping the net and sticking my tounge up her butt while rubbing the fuck out of my bean
images-324.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.