Social Media Mansour to the dogs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Burton comes with him...sure.
Maybe that will be the deal that gets us Burton early but not until JAC makes up his mind. If JAC doesn't come we'll take Mansour and Burton so it will allow Panthers to up the contract for Chrighton and keep their man.. Win for both clubs.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely the Dogs will give JAC management a week or 2 with this proposed contract... we can’t be left waiting till the new year or something stupid like that!

If he wants to squeeze out of us a few more $$ then that’s fine, but we can’t wait too long while other prospects get snapped up by other clubs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
See a lot of negativity about Mansour ...

I really can't say what he's like as I haven't followed him closely, but let's look at what we do have already. DWZ. Crichton. Okunbur. Meaney.

Are any of them close to being as good as Mansour? Okunbur is coming back from an ACL injury remember, so who knows if he'll be any good ... not that he was fantastic anyway.

Idk. Don't get the hate of Mansour personally. Imagine it's because of his age, but I'd much prefer to be spending smaller amounts of $$ on wingers, and investing that into positions that are more important for us such as centre, hooker, prop.

Mansour on the cheap would be a brilliant pick up even if we do sign JAC.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See a lot of negativity about Mansour ...

I really can't say what he's like as I haven't followed him closely, but let's look at what we do have already. DWZ. Crichton. Okunbur. Meaney.

Are any of them close to being as good as Mansour? Okunbur is coming back from an ACL injury remember, so who knows if he'll be any good ... not that he was fantastic anyway.

Idk. Don't get the hate of Mansour personally. Imagine it's because of his age, but I'd much prefer to be spending smaller amounts of $$ on wingers, and investing that into positions that are more important for us such as centre, hooker, prop.

Mansour on the cheap would be a brilliant pick up even if we do sign JAC.
Stats aren't everything, but they are a good gauge.

Just check his out for the year compared to all the other wingers. He's top in most categories, he's had an absolute great year. The only reason I'm iffy about him coming is his age.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Mansauce has finally signed somewhere else then hopefully this frees up the cash for Penrith to re-sign Chricton and Luai so they can release Burton to us. I'm starting to hear too many people talk about Lewis starting the season at 6 and it's making me sick.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The media are suggesting that Souths are entertaining signing Mansour and that if he signs with them they will release Allen.

Unless there is a miracle I’m not too sure Penrith will release Burton as he provides them with depth in a number of positions.

Personally, I’d be happy to pick up Allen and Momorivoski in the short term, the game is evolving fast, particularly with the reduction in interchange it will quickly become an faster game.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also happy with both those suggested signings(pretty sure Allen is a lock soon we will know)and we need to get rid of anyone asap who isnt up to scratch..although as someone suggested maybe we want DWZ to play ok even fairly good and therefore attract outside interest..that particular guy is a tough roster position given he is on pretty big $$$ still?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It looks like we are holding the aces...
Penrith have cap problems and want Mansour off their books
South want Allen off their books in order to sign a winger
It could be...
Canterbury takes Allen, South takes Mansour only if Penrith releases Burton...
Could be the reason why the club hasn't announced Allen yet !!!

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It could be...
Our current board seems capable of pulling this off. Our previous board would have mansour and Allen on top dollar and would somehow convince burton to stay at Penrith

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our current board seems capable of pulling this off. Our previous board would have mansour and Allen on top dollar and would somehow convince burton to stay at Penrith
I rated it funny because it's true :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It could be...
It's all part of the Barrett Master Plan, we take Allen, then Allen leaving opens up Cap space for the Wabbits to take Mansour off Penrith's hands which is part of the deal for Penrith to release Burton to us. In Chess it's called the "Scholar's Mate", how to win in 4 moves.

Go Dogs

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fark i hope you blokes are right, still the waiting and anticipation is a killer am i right or am i RIGHT :-)
Unfortunately I just dont see it happening.
I have no oil or source on this (or anything to do with the club.), only common sense...it serves no purpose for the panthers to release Burton for '21 & i just can't see it happening...though would love to be wrong!!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I just dont see it happening.
I have no oil or source on this (or anything to do with the club.), only common sense...it serves no purpose for the panthers to release Burton for '21 & i just can't see it happening...though would love to be wrong!!
They have signed Salmon who is almost a like for like replacement (he's not as good but he has more experience and can play anywhere from 1-7). With Naden being cleared to play, and Whare still being on the books, they don't need Burton anymore as a starting centre or as a backup half. Now he's just taking up a valuable spot in the top 30 that they could give to one of their other gun juniors.

A month ago it looked very unlikely they would release him but after the Salmon and Naden news, I can see it happening