News Manly sign Kieran Foran on a one year deal + one year option to club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly. Oh well, he would have been handy, but losing him is no great drama.
It's all more the fact we were so dumb in negotiations, that we couldn't just tweak it so he saves face, or has the illusion of a second year.
I keep drumming on, if we just gabe him a 2 year deal at 300k, with year two activated if he plays 18 games, he wouldn't have hesitated.
How hard would that have been.
And regardless of what we think of him. Club identified him as a retention. And couldn't do it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's all more the fact we were so dumb in negotiations, that we couldn't just tweak it so he saves face, or has the illusion of a second year.
I keep drumming on, if we just gabe him a 2 year deal at 300k, with year two activated if he plays 18 games, he wouldn't have hesitated.
How hard would that have been.
And regardless of what we think of him. Club identified him as a retention. And couldn't do it.
The club did, but maybe Barrett had other ideas. I don’t really know. Anyway, it’s done. I just hope Barrett is given a chance to prove himself without too much board interference.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
much board interference.
This could be a problem.
Remember Dean Pay wanted Jake Granville and Api, both got shot down over money.
Aiden guerra, because club wouldnt set aside 200.
And Reynolds, for whatever reason.

Regardless of what we think, its alot of pushback on a coaches wishes.

From what i heard, dean was filthy that we didnt chuck Api an extra 50k to seal the deal once it looked like he would flip, and that was before season 2020!!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This could be a problem.
Remember Dean Pay wanted Jake Granville and Api, both got shot down over money.
Aiden guerra, because club wouldnt set aside 200.
And Reynolds, for whatever reason.

Regardless of what we think, its alot of pushback on a coaches wishes.

From what i heard, dean was filthy that we didnt chuck Api an extra 50k to seal the deal once it looked like he would flip, and that was before season 2020!!!
Yeah, it’s a bit of a concern, for sure.... but I don’t think they ever really thought of pay as a long term coach. Hopefully Barrett will be shown a bit more faith.... but I’m by no means sure that will be the case.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd assume that his offers were somewhat limited. So it doesn't surprise me that he's going back to Manly. Hasler seems like he loves a bargain buy and people who are extremely experienced. He'd need it to balance the over spending on certain others.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And? Can have him.. foz,des,manly, can all get fucked .. just give us Marty T back.!!!

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is a true footballer. A tough little bastard with plenty of talent. Unfortunately, his body is absolutely fucked. Can’t see him playing anymore than 12 games next year.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what to do now Josh Schuster...
Now it's time to see whether kid (or kid's manager) actually follows through... although if he doesn't, he'll never be able to decently negotiate his next deal

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, thinking a decent under/over of 13 games played?

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surprising he didn’t injure his wrist signing the contract

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Won’t see out his contract and medically retire.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Fuck him . Prick made millions of us . Fuckwit owed us some loyalty.. I hope he blows both knees warming up for game 1 next year..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck him . Prick made millions of us . Fuckwit owed us some loyalty.. I hope he blows both knees warming up for game 1 next year..
That's our stupidity.
He doesn't owe us loyalty.
If anything he owes Des the loyalty for making it happen.
A sucker and his money...