News Manly player Dylan Walker found NOT GUILTY over alleged domestic violence incident (P8)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
apparently she's going to retract her statement
Yep, probably a united front to stave off any punishment from the NRL and his club so his contract is not torn up. Can almost hear the statements from his camp..did not mean anything by it, the incident is misunderstood and of course the mental anguish one.....no wonder people are skeptical of these types of things when it is oh so easy to simply state that charges are withdrawn and that there was nothing at all in it.

Correct me if I am wrong but is there not a witness to all of this? If charges are withdrawn that obviously means nothing.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...manly-local-court-on-domestic-violence-charge

It was a picture of domestic bliss: Manly football star Dylan Walker hand in hand with his fiancé Alexandra Ivkovic as they walked from Manly Court.

But there was only one slight problem. The 24-year-old was at court to answer two charges of assaulting his partner.

The footballer is also subject of an Apprehended Violence Order preventing him assaulting of harassing Ms Ivkovic, who was former Miss Australia finalist.

In the courtroom the couple sat together as Walker’s lawyer Rami Qutami said his client will be pleading not guilty to the assault charges.

He also indicated Ms Ivkovic was wanting to retract a statement she made to police when Walker was arrested last Thursday at the couple’s Dee Why home and charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

It’s alleged he scuffled with his fiancée, who was holding their child.

Police claim she suffered abrasions to her shoulder leg and feet in the incident.

Walker's football career is on hold.

The Manly Sea Eagles have indicated he is not required to attend training and there is growing speculation if he is convicted of domestic violence his contract will be ripped up.
Last week Manly CEO Lyall Gorman asked Walker not to attend training while the legal proceedings were underway.

“It’s been a great disappointment on behalf of our club, the allegations around domestic violence are totally foreign to anything we stand for and to our culture,” Mr Gorman said last week.

“We won’t require him to attend training today, he needs to clear his head and he’s only been released from Manly Police Station in the middle of the night.”

Mr Gorman said the club’s priority was ensuring the welfare of Walker’s fiancée.

“Our major focus has been on the welfare of the family. I know our coach was around there last night to see his partner and I’ve spoken to her on several occasions,” said Mr Gorman.

“We believe we’ve got her in as good as a space as we can today but when this is finished I’ll go and see her as well.”

The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the proceedings against Walker.

1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)

Lifeline 13 11 14

With AAP

© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2018

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happens alot where a partner tries to retract the statement and police quite often still pursue charges

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He also indicated Ms Ivkovic was wanting to retract a statement she made to police when Walker was arrested last Thursday at the couple’s Dee Why home and charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
I wonder how much that cost the penn family ?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately if you talk to the cops who deal with domestic abuse on a regular basis they will tell you that it is the same old faces that show up 80% of the time.

The physical beating takes 2nd place to the emotional abuse and unfortunately many go back because their self esteem is so low and they believe the shit that comes out of their abusers mouth.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I've read not much of this episode but isn't the substance of the AVO that he pulled her hair?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If there's evidence of an assault, and a witness to it, then they should be all police need to persue charges.

Twas changed a few years ago to protect woman from battered wife syndrome, where they stay with the partner out of love/lust.

Remember they've got a newborn kid together so of course they'll put up a united front.

Should charge her with making a false statement if she wants to retract it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pic of his misses?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If there's evidence of an assault, and a witness to it, then they should be all police need to persue charges.

Twas changed a few years ago to protect woman from battered wife syndrome, where they stay with the partner out of love/lust.

Remember they've got a newborn kid together so of course they'll put up a united front.

Should charge her with making a false statement if she wants to retract it.
Discussing exactly this on the BSB this morning. Bulldog Ritchie ( not sure of his strike rate in all things) has spoken to the eye witness of the assault who has stated that what they saw was not too flash and they will be available should the police wish to discuss the matter further. In Ritchie's words " The police are very keen to pursue the case" stating exactly what you have said in relation to laws being changed. This matter may not yet be over no matter if she withdraws charges.I am utterly sick of NRL players being given free tickets to escape DV matters.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where’s Todd? No leadership

Todd and leadership should never be quoted in close proximity.

The more things that come out ,the more I think he is there only as a stepping stone to something else.

A good leader who understands the way things should be is a proactive one..not a reactive one. Sick of the simple platitudes and the hiding behind protocol.....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Todd and leadership should never be quoted in close proximity.

The more things that come out ,the more I think he is there only as a stepping stone to something else.

A good leader who understands the way things should be is a proactive one..not a reactive one. Sick of the simple platitudes and the hiding behind protocol.....
If it was Bulldogs related he’s front and centre