Manly drop Suli

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why didn’t we just let the kid sulk till the start of the season..
1. It's Moses Suli!

2. You're right! We should have kept him. All the other players see that he isn't training & still getting games & getting paid without consequence & they will follow suit. That's fantastic for the culture of the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like some fellas just never learn.

Manly have dropped centre Moses Suli for their clash with New Zealand after the 19-year old missed a training session.

Suli had played five games this season for the Silvertails after he was released by the Tigers and Bulldogs for not performing to the club's standards.

Suli has been replaced in the centres by Brad Parker.

Lewis Brown is the other player omitted from the squad named on Tuesday.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol Manly. Eat dicks scum.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It was coming sooner or later. Kid will never learn

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kid's still young, and able to change himself (as opposed to still being a goose at 29). Needs some good role models etc if he hasn't already.

I mean he may be a lost cause, but at 19, I don't think its necessarily over. But he likely needs a lot of work.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was the kids manager I would tell Suli to get away from football take a holiday and find another job till end of this year to decide what he wants to do..

Once he works outside of footy his attitude towards footy could improve

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/suli-axed-for-missing-training-again-20180608-p4zkf4.html

Manly has dropped Moses Suli for joining his teammates late in New Zealand after misplacing his passport.

The Sea Eagles have taken Saturday’s home game against the Warriors to AMI Stadium in Christchurch and have trimmed their squad to 19. Suli didn’t make the cut after his passport issue, resulting in him joining the squad about three days late.

Coach Trent Barrett has decided to axe the teenaged centre after the delay resulted in him missing training sessions with his teammates. Lewis Brown has also missed out on a spot after the squad was reduced to 19 players.

Manly became Suli’s third club in the space of a month after parting ways with Wests Tigers and Canterbury in quick succession over his attitude to training.

The Tongan international struggled to cope with the demands of professional football after becoming the highest-paid rookie in the game, particularly after his debut season was cut short by injury. However, the latest incident is considered out of character after he rediscovered his hunger and desire on the northern beaches. Many of Suli’s best mates are at the Sea Eagles and he has been solid in his five NRL appearances for the club.

In a recent interview with Fairfax Media, Suli took responsibility for squandering his opportunities at the Tigers and Bulldogs.

“I wasn’t thinking straight back then,” Suli said last month. “When I think about it now, I just regret every moment of it. Now I can’t take things for granted. I just do whatever I can to put my best foot forward. I realised how much I’ve lost. I want to bring that all back and do what I can to impress the coaching staff and get back up there.”

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
:sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::tongueclosed::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

Keep telling yourself that Manly....
The blokes a moron.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly just dropped him for missing training. That’s three strikes for this bloke. Surely there’s no more chances for this kid. What’s wrong with some young footballers these days? I scratch my head

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Shit is ridiculous

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly has dropped Moses Suli for joining his teammates late in New Zealand after misplacing his passport.

The Sea Eagles have taken Saturday’s home game against the Warriors to AMI Stadium in Christchurch and have trimmed their squad to 19. Suli didn’t make the cut after his passport issue, resulting in him joining the squad about three days late.

Coach Trent Barrett has decided to axe the teenaged centre after the delay resulted in him missing training sessions with his teammates. Lewis Brown has also missed out on a spot after the squad was reduced to 19 players.

Manly became Suli’s third club in the space of a month after parting ways with Wests Tigers and Canterbury in quick succession over his attitude to training.

The Tongan international struggled to cope with the demands of professional football after becoming the highest-paid rookie in the game, particularly after his debut season was cut short by injury.

However, the latest incident is considered out of character after he rediscovered his hunger and desire on the northern beaches. Many of Suli’s best mates are at the Sea Eagles and he has been solid in his five NRL appearances for the club.

In a recent interview with Fairfax Media, Suli took responsibility for squandering his opportunities at the Tigers and Bulldogs.

“I wasn’t thinking straight back then,” Suli said last month. “When I think about it now, I just regret every moment of it.

“Now I can’t take things for granted. I just do whatever I can to put my best foot forward. I realised how much I’ve lost. I want to bring that all back and do what I can to impress the coaching staff and get back up there.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/suli-axed-for-missing-training-again-20180608-p4zkf4.html

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Tongan international struggled to cope with the demands of professional football after becoming the highest-paid rookie in the game, particularly after his debut season was cut short by injury.

However, the latest incident is considered out of character after he rediscovered his hunger and desire on the northern beaches. Many of Suli’s best mates are at the Sea Eagles and he has been solid in his five NRL appearances for the club.

“I wasn’t thinking straight back then,” Suli said last month. “When I think about it now, I just regret every moment of it.

“Now I can’t take things for granted. I just do whatever I can to put my best foot forward. I realised how much I’ve lost. I want to bring that all back and do what I can to impress the coaching staff and get back up there.”

But super coaches were saying we should have kept him

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lol, yeah ‘out of character’...

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If people understood anything about trauma (ie. Finding your old man on the floor dead at the age of 16) they wouldn't be surprised by this. Kid clearly has a lot of unresolved issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.