Manase Fainu found guilty

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love that some of the Manly 7 were showing support for Fainu in their try celebrations/on their wrists. Being seen to be supporting LGBT+ is un-Christian but being seen to be supporting a back-stabbing dog who attacked a church leader isn't? Get absolutely fucked.

Malla

Reaction score
I love that some of the Manly 7 were showing support for Fainu in their try celebrations/on their wrists. Being seen to be supporting LGBT+ is un-Christian but being seen to be supporting a back-stabbing dog who attacked a church leader isn't? Get absolutely fucked.
Got nothing to do with religion they are just supporting a mate?

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Right, so stabbing a church leader is permitted by their religion? Good one, mate. Wearing the pride jersey would have been "supporting" people whose actions are condemned by their religion.

Malla

Reaction score
Right, so stabbing a church leader is permitted by their religion? Good one, mate. Wearing the pride jersey would have been "supporting" people whose actions are condemned by their religion.
I think you are taking this out of context and getting worked up for nothing.

Log off, go relax for the rest of the day. Speak tomorrow

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is true and this issue also has nothing to do whatsoever with the Pride drama. However, neither fact makes their actions acceptable, supporting a mate who stabbed someone in a church?? Plus the whole 61 crap and the the hancuffs try celebration was disgraceful and shows just how hipocrytical Manly are as a club if they are not disiplined over it.

What a shit example they are setting for young supporters of the game.

Malla

Reaction score
That is true and this issue also has nothing to do whatsoever with the Pride drama. However, neither fact makes their actions acceptable, supporting a mate who stabbed someone in a church?? Plus the whole 61 crap and the the hancuffs try celebration was disgraceful and shows just how hipocrytical Manly are as a club if they are not disiplined over it.

What a shit example they are setting for young supporters of the game.
I'm with ya hence why I said it has nothing to do with religion. They are supporting a mate who is a flog which makes them even bigger flogs.

I am simply asking ole mate not to paint that scenario with the same brush as someone choosing not to wear a pride jersey because of their religious beliefs.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Yeah, I don't need the condescending shtick, thanks.

Here's my logical take, void of emotion.

The argument that I am making is that choosing to wear the Pride jersey would have meant, on field, publicly supporting people whose actions are condemned by their religion. On religious grounds, they declined to wear it. Fine, whatever. We have the freedom in this country to choose. I may not support their decision but I'll support, to the hilt, their freedom to make it.
Backstabbing a church leader is clearly also condemned by their religion but they seem to have no issues showing public, on field support for ANOTHER sinner, so long as that sinner is someone they know. It's hypocritical and that's my real issue with it. If their excuse for refusing the Pride jerseys is "I can't show support for people whose actions are fundamentally at odds with my belief system" then they should maintain those standards across their public lives and especially when they represent their team.

Edit: No one on a forum is making this a religious issue. The players, themselves, made their actions (or lack thereof) on field a question of what is tolerable, within the confines of their belief systems.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score

The argument that I am making is that choosing to wear the Pride jersey would have meant, on field, publicly supporting people whose actions are condemned by their religion. On religious grounds, they declined to wear it. Fine, whatever. We have the freedom in this country to choose. I may not support their decision but I'll support, to the hilt, their freedom to make it.
Backstabbing a church leader is clearly also condemned by their religion but they seem to have no issues showing public, on field support for ANOTHER sinner, so long as that sinner is someone they know. It's hypocritical and that's my real issue with it. If their excuse for refusing the Pride jerseys is "I can't show support for people whose actions are fundamentally at odds with my belief system" then they should maintain those standards across their public lives and especially when they represent their team.

Edit: No one on a forum is making this a religious issue. The players, themselves, made their actions (or lack thereof) on field a question of what is tolerable, within the confines of their belief systems.
Please log off, enjoy your day. Weather is good.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL might also be investigating the links to organised crime. Let's hope no match fixing involved.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with ya hence why I said it has nothing to do with religion. They are supporting a mate who is a flog which makes them even bigger flogs.

I am simply asking ole mate not to paint that scenario with the same brush as someone choosing not to wear a pride jersey because of their religious beliefs.
I can see where he's coming from though. Being so devoutly religious that they won't wear a rainbow symbol because it supports something against their religion, while also supporting a person who committed an act of violence against a religious leader.

It's not about the tenants of the religion itself, but it is still hipocritical. If their religion means so much to them that they're willing to let their team mates down and potentially offend a group of people who did nothing wrong other than being born. Then surely their religious beliefs should forbade them from supporting someone who breaches one of the core tenants of their belief. Mate or not.

Everyone can have their own beliefs and their own stance, but surely attempted murder is worse than being gay.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Agreed. I think Malla just doesn't agree with you and doesn't want to debate you, so he's using the dismissive tactic of pretending you're a child.

Your point is completely valid.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe I've misjudged church . . .Sounds far more entertaining than I remember

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knife carrying, instead of bible carrying mindset now bro.
It sheds some light on the types of people who attend his church,if someone his size needs to carry a knife there. Although wasn't Jebus stabbed in the back ??

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It sheds some light on the types of people who attend his church,if someone his size needs to carry a knife there. Although wasn't Jebus stabbed in the back ??
Some reports saying he went and "found" a knife....

Still ...not good.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even worse IMO, it can't be self defense then, that's premeditated
Either way it's a seemingly gang-like culture to be carrying on like that. Mates are mates but inappropriate wrist messages, fights, stabbings is all the wrong way to go.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Either way it's a seemingly gang-like culture to be carrying on like that. Mates are mates but inappropriate wrist messages, fights, stabbings is all the wrong way to go.
If they are just doing it to each other, i say put them in a fenced off area and give them weapons with more lethality. It's a good thing then . . . Like a dog that cleans its own shit up

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you are not understanding what he wrote , by supporting an attempted murderer and claiming it was against thier faith to support LGBD just doesnt make sense

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If they are just doing it to each other, i say put them in a fenced off area and give them weapons with more lethality. It's a good thing then . . . Like a dog that cleans its own shit up
There's always innocent by-standers and possibly traumatised children etc involved tho...especially at church?