Major Border breach - Illegal fishing vessel at Cape Kimberely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@maroondog72 Out in your area!!!

WHERE IS CAPE KIMBERLEY?
Cape Kimberley forms the northern boundary of the 12 km wide bay into which the Daintree River flows. Between the river mouth and the cape is the 3.5 km long Cape Kimberley Beach. The beach faces south-east, directly into the Trades, however Snapper Island 2.5 km offshore and the river mouth shoals lower the waves along parts of the beach.

upload_2018-8-26_20-35-12.png

upload_2018-8-26_20-37-7.png

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...infested-daintree-rainforest-after-boat-sinks

Up to 30 irregular migrants are believed to be in hiding inside Queensland’s crocodile-infested Daintree rainforest, after their boat – believed to be a fishing vessel – foundered near the mouth of the Daintree River.

Police have confirmed that a search is under way to find the migrants, who waded through waters to make landfall after their fishing junk ran aground just offshore on Sunday morning.

Eleven men, all understood to be Vietnamese, have been detained, but up to 30 more are still being sought.

Some are believed to be hiding in mangroves, which are infested with deadly salt-water crocodiles.

It is not known whether any of the migrants have sought protection from Australian authorities, or whether they are fishermen who ran into difficulties.

The operator of Daintree Fishing and Photography Tours, Dave Patterson, said he was leaving with a tour group around 8.30am when he noticed an “odd-looking wooden boat that looked like a Vietnamese-Chinese-Indonesian fishing boat” about 2km in the distance, off Cape Kimberley near the mouth of the Daintree River.

“I just thought it was a gillnetting boat,” Patterson told Guardian Australia.

“I heard later on that [other fishermen and tour operators] went up to it and there was no one aboard and it was just adrift.

“There was people on it that just bailed out of the boat,” he said, adding: “We don’t see this kind of stuff too often, or ever.”

Boats carrying asylum seekers from Vietnam reach Australian waters – or near to – with semi-regularity, but vessels are usually intercepted before they make landfall. Asylum claims are often made at sea, and people are returned to Vietnam without ever reaching Australia.

The last asylum seekers to reach Australia by boat were six Chinese nationals who landed in Saibai island in north Queensland, travelling from Papua New Guinea, in August last year.

The Australian Border Force confirmed it was responding to what it believed was an “illegal fishing vessel in the vicinity of the Daintree River”.

“The ABF now has a contingent of officers on site and is grateful for the support provided by Queensland police service,” a spokesman said.

“The first priority is to confirm the safety and welfare of the people on the fishing vessel.”

The Douglas Shire Council mayor, Julia Leu, who lives on the edge of the Daintree rainforest, said the missing migrants were likely hiding in the mangroves as there was a lot of traffic on the locals roads and the “word is out” about their arrival.

Without knowledge of the area, the migrants faced significant dangers from salt-water crocodiles, Leu warned.

“I’m concerned about anyone who is unfamiliar with the rainforest. Anyone who finds themselves in crocodile habitat needs to exercise extreme common sense – especially in the Daintree,” she said.

“Certainly it would not be pleasant trying to make your way through rainforest or mangroves.”

ABC News is reporting 27 in total, and 11 already captured.

Either way having been up there, there's no way you'd catch me anywhere near the shoreline, nor water.

We went up further to Thornton Beach which is meant to be safer.

But the river mouth of Daintree.... there are crocs everywhere there.

Some big salties out there are probably about to have a nice chinese meal in the next few days, because in that area, you're as good as dead in the mangroves.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The real question that needs asking here is... how the fuck did an illegal fishing vessel get to mainland, without any of our authorities being aware? I mean, if this was a war ship or something, gees thats a dangerous thought!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The creepy potato will say ScoMo let them in lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS if you want to find them, go to the closest pub with pokies

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The creepy potato will say ScoMo let them in lol
hahaha Dutton is the one that lead to most of them NOT coming anymore. He's more likely yo let nature take it's course.

PS if you want to find them, go to the closest pub with pokies
There's fuck all around there.. and a car ferry operates across the Daintree River.

Cape Kimberley means they have landed NORTH of the Daintree.. Nearest township, on foot, and following the road, is about 3 hours walk. Nearest actual city is Cape Trib and about 8 hrs walk away.

Outside of that it's dense as fuck rainforest and mangroves with the one of the nations highest population of crocodiles outside Darwin. It'd be like parachuting into the middle of the Blue Mountains/Megalong Valley blindfolded.

In summary, if they aren't found real soon, they are dead.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahaha Dutton is the one that lead to most of them NOT coming anymore. He's more likely yo let nature take it's course.

There's fuck all around there.. and a car ferry operates across the Daintree River.

Cape Kimberley means they have landed NORTH of the Daintree.. Nearest township, on foot, and following the road, is about 3 hours walk. Nearest actual city is Cape Trib and about 8 hrs walk away.

Outside of that it's dense as fuck rainforest and mangroves with the one of the nations highest population of crocodiles outside Darwin. It'd be like parachuting into the middle of the Blue Mountains/Megalong Valley blindfolded.

Pretty accurate really. There's not even any guarantee they're travelling towards civilization.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they do survive, they might deserve a medal.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

And cape trib is small, won't be able to sneak in there
The amount of crocs thru there when I was up there is insane,
Crocs having Vietnamese for dinner thus week

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we have an obligation to spend thousands scouring the scrub until they are all accounted for?
Poor fuks are doomed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do we have an obligation to spend thousands scouring the scrub until they are all accounted for?
Poor fuks are doomed.
Not sure... the vast area of the Daintree area they escaped into make it nigh on impossible.

They caught some on the freeway, but if they all just scattered (instead of sticking together), there is every chance some headed westbound. They caught 4 more today apparently, but very mixed reports as they don't know how many were on the boat.

https://goo.gl/maps/h79Y2xUFTGA2 - "Coral Sea" is where the boat ended up. As you can see, if they head due west they are ending up either in the Daintree River, an estuary off the Daintree, or by some fluke hitting the highway. But that's 8km on foot, through croc infested mangroves, estuaries, and thick rainforest.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m normally all about, kicking illegals out, but if these guys survive in the Daintree, they should be given visas. Actually, they should be given jobs in our military.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Poor fuks are doomed.
Might be nothing but an arm or foot left to find.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm worried about how they slipped through our borders as @Mr Invisible said. Isn't there some sort of satellite technology that's in place to prevent shit like this from happening?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm worried about how they slipped through our borders as @Mr Invisible said. Isn't there some sort of satellite technology that's in place to prevent shit like this from happening?
Good to know they can make the Queensland coast without being detected, it would cost a fortune to guard the whole country.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would not worry to much natives will find them hit em up for a dollar and they will say fuck this shit we are swimming home

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@maroondog72 @south of heaven @ASSASSIN

I'm sure it just wanted a pat ... or was trolling!

Man: "Back it up!!!"
Croc: "How's get fucked sound?!"

Coming soon to a migrant!

From my understanding (could be wrong) the coast guard / border patrol services in Australia are contracted out.. SUPRISE SUPRISE!

Surveillances Australia apparently patrol the border with long range radar on planes, but seems they have been slack.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if this was a false flag to announce to the shit hole countries around us that even though we have another PM, doesn't mean they can start the boats again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if this was a false flag to announce to the shit hole countries around us that even though we have another PM, doesn't mean they can start the boats again.
Look at the piece of shit boat... there's no way in hell that came from Australia LOL.

There's also video of some of them being arrested/detained.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Look at the piece of shit boat... there's no way in hell that came from Australia LOL.

There's also video of some of them being arrested/detained.
The ***** in Indonesia said it themselves they will start once the libs are kicked out.

IF it was a false flag, it would be the easier ones to pull off. Plus they did it before with the "children overboard" bullshit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The ***** in Indonesia said it themselves they will start once the libs are kicked out.

IF it was a false flag, it would be the easier ones to pull off. Plus they did it before with the "children overboard" bullshit.
You do raise one interesting point.. Why sail almost 1000km across the top end of Qld, through croc infested waters just to reach that spot?

Even from Papua New Guinea it's a solid 700km.

I mean I don't know boats that well, but I'm sure that's not a short trip.

Why not land on Thursday Island (or another island up there that is still part of Australia)? Far easier to get across that way (although might be more closely monitored).

Status
Not open for further replies.