Maika Sivo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/a279d603072af9b34f0e33e007c9496f

MEET the Fijian flyer who has sparked a cross-code bidding war after scoring a staggering 100 tries in just over two years.

In a remarkable rugby league story that could give the NRL its next Semi Radradra, Maika Sivo last week brought up his Australian try-scoring ton just 30 months after being recruited from Fiji by a holidaying couple to play park football for Gundagai.

Now a Penrith Intrust Super Premiership star fielding offers from both NRL clubs and Super Rugby sides, Don and Kathy Tuckwell coaxed Sivo to Australia in 2015 after spotting the flyer while on a Fiji holiday.

“Don had a pair of footy shorts on and he met a Fijian guy who saw them and asked him if he wanted to watch a game,’’ Kathy said. “We went and that’s when we saw Maika. He was just unbelievable. It all started from there.”

VIDEO AT THIS LINK: http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Maika+SIVO
(Let the link load and google search for you, then click the first link)
If you don't do it this way you'll hit the Daily Telegraph pay wall.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guess who his management company is??

A company owned by no other than Cameron Phelps, Bulldogs try scoring machine winger!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he's got the talent to step up into the NRL I'd hope Phelps funnels him towards the club. The link made my phones meet connection crash but th hats not uncommon.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. How old is he?
2. Why hasn't he cracked first grade if his so good considering players like MWZ played for Penrith a couple of weeks ago?
3. Am I right to assume his a winger?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No idea on age, or any of that...

But you'd think that our recruitment staff would be having a quiet word in Phelps ear about funneling some talent our way.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

But you'd think that our recruitment staff would be having a quiet word in Phelps ear about funneling some talent our way.
I think he is a Vainuvulu type so prob mid 20's. He's been with Penrith for a couple of years I think.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he is a Vainuvulu type so prob mid 20's. He's been with Penrith for a couple of years I think.
Vunivalu played 20's for Melbourne then spent a season in QCup prior to last year. He'd be 22 at most.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're making the huge assumption that we have recruitment staff.

If this guy is half way decent he won't be spotted by us!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're making the huge assumption that we have recruitment staff.

If this guy is half way decent he won't be spotted by us!
We seem to be getting carried away about a bloke who has been playing reggies for a couple of years. Being fijian isn't a golden ticket to being a brilliant footballer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We seem to be getting carried away about a bloke who has been playing reggies for a couple of years. Being fijian isn't a golden ticket to being a brilliant footballer.
Scoring 100 tries in two seasons is no small feat. Even guys like Kaylyn Ponga haven't achieved that (or even close to it).

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guess who his management company is??

A company owned by no other than Cameron Phelps, Bulldogs try scoring machine winger!
He was offered to us, but had too much speed for our liking

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But where? tolman could do that in the right circumstances.
Tolman scores a try every night in his dreams and his worse nightmare is passing the ball or getting out the road of the backs.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He was offered to us, but had too much speed for our liking
Really? so someone says he's scored 100 tries in 2 years, we knock him back and he can't make a FG side anywhere else. Wow that is really unusual.....

Status
Not open for further replies.