News Maika Sivo charged with indecent annoyance

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Dogs ever sign a Fijian winger they better throw in some clauses...

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Charge upgraded to Indecent Assult now.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...r/news-story/809cd3b9938e88cc9d531599e1e9e1cc

Eels rush support staff to Maika Sivo in Fiji as he fights indecent assault charge
The Parramatta Eels have flown in support staff to assist star winger Maika Sivo as he fights an indecent assault charge relating to an alleged incident with a female bartender.

Pamela Whaley AAP
FOX SPORTSJANUARY 3, 202011:22AM

Maika Sivo has been charged with indecent assault.Source:AAP

Parramatta have flown two staff members to Fiji to provide support to Maika Sivo with hopes it will also clarify communication between the club and the Pacific country’s legal system.

Eels football manager Mark O’Neill and an additional staff member from the wellbeing team flew to Sivo’s side on New Year’s Day as the star winger faces a charge of indecent assault following an alleged incident at a Fijian resort.

The initial charge of indecent annoyance was upgraded to indecent assault without notice after Sivo spent the night in a cell on Sunday, which caused confusion for Parramatta officials.

Under the original charge it was thought he would be free to return to training and face a potential fine.

The 26-year-old was granted bail but is unable to return to Australia with the court putting a travel ban in place under the new charge.

It’s believed Sivo’s legal representative is attempting to have the charge downgraded before he is due to face Nadi Magistrates Court to enter a plea on January 7.

Eels superstar Maika Sivo appears in a Fijian court after being charge with “indecently annoying” a female bartender.Source:Supplied

It’s a complex legal matter and the club is hopeful of sorting through some of the confusion with O’Neill and the fellow staff member on hand to help support Maika, who is also surrounded by his family.

The club is also hopeful a travel ban will be lifted to enable him to return to Australia to begin NRL pre-season training with the Eels which began on Thursday.

Sivo was spending Boxing Day with family at Wyndham Resort, on Denarau Island when he is alleged to have tugged a waitress’ dress.

Maika Sivo has received support from the Eels.Source:AAP

The 26-year-old has told the club he was attempting to get her attention and she misinterpreted it as a sexual advance.

It’s understood the waitress slapped Sivo’s hand and was told to go home by restaurant management.

It’s believed the victim made the complaint to Fijian police believing she had been fired.

“Maika and the club are respectful of Fijian law and we continue to offer our full co-operation with local law enforcement authorities,” said a club statement.

“The Eels will continue to liaise with the NRL Integrity Unit and will provide a further update to stakeholders as situation progresses.”

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It still blows me away how elliott and the other boys were treated for what they did in comparison to some of these others

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It still blows me away how elliott and the other boys were treated for what they did in comparison to some of these others
The NRL are some reactive that punishments seem to be based purely on the club involved and the level of media outrage

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL are some reactive that punishments seem to be based purely on the club involved and the level of media outrage
and greenberg in particular,I actually thought he was very good at the dogs but has been average at nrl

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
and greenberg in particular,I actually thought he was very good at the dogs but has been average at nrl
I think he goes harder on us just to show the other clubs he’s not biased because he was our CEO. Having a CEO who ends up in charge of the NRL is a poisoned chalice

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've done service jobs, and I would find it demeaning if any client decided they needed to tug my shirt or trousers to get my attention. I have ears and eyes, use your voice or wave your hand. Dunno where this kind of treatment of people is acceptable, clearly not in Fiji, and with the added sexual element to this charge there are clearly question marks as to the exact motivation for such demeaning treatment.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he goes harder on us just to show the other clubs he’s not biased because he was our CEO. Having a CEO who ends up in charge of the NRL is a poisoned chalice
Seem to recall there was something said about this when he first got appointed, some journalist question or something, and TG was adamant with his answer, no positive bias. Someone there needed to ask him if there would be negative bias...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've done service jobs, and I would find it demeaning if any client decided they needed to tug my shirt or trousers to get my attention. I have ears and eyes, use your voice or wave your hand. Dunno where this kind of treatment of people is acceptable, clearly not in Fiji, and with the added sexual element to this charge there are clearly question marks as to the exact motivation for such demeaning treatment.
You are right and I’ve tried to put myself in those shoes. Never in a million years would I touch a barmaid to order a drink, especially around the stomach or groin. If you touch anyone to get their attention maybe the arm or back but in this day and age it’s safer not to touch anyone. His lawyer must think the judge is a moron

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are right and I’ve tried to put myself in those shoes. Never in a million years would I touch a barmaid to order a drink, especially around the stomach or groin. If you touch anyone to get their attention maybe the arm or back but in this day and age it’s safer not to touch anyone. His lawyer must think the judge is a moron
The old tap someone on the shoulder to get their attention has been used forever.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Or this stupid world we are in where nothing appropriate,now i get its not acceptable to grab a strangers skirt in any country but if thats what he did the coverage is a bit over the top.
Fiji must have far more intolerance to such behaviour than here hey.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The old tap someone on the shoulder to get their attention has been used forever.
That’s fair enough, especially if they are on their phone and you’re thirsty but the stomach/dress story doesn’t pass the pub test pardon the pun

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That shirt is fresh to death

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How hard is it to just keep your hands to your bloody self?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s fair enough, especially if they are on their phone and you’re thirsty but the stomach/dress story doesn’t pass the pub test pardon the pun
I hear ya bud!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fiji must have far more intolerance to such behaviour than here hey.
Not sure about that.

Didn't they have a Govenor-General who was a wanted paedophile in Australia in the naughties?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure about that.

Didn't they have a Govenor-General who was a wanted paedophile in Australia in the naughties?
Think you're referring to Jullian Moti who was an Attorney General.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think you're referring to Jullian Moti who was an Attorney General.
My bad. Thanks

It just a vague recollection.

Should have taken my own advice and googled it before opening my mouth.