Opinion Mahoney

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just look no further then Harry grant, he isn’t in great form either. Parra as a team are so incredibly consistent at being inconsistent. Similar thing happening at storm.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down kids,
Mahoney will always be the better hooker, JMK will never have his natural instinct directional play as a top hooker.
That must be why Parra are going so well!

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But JMK is playing so much better because he’s running a little more. Our attack seems more free flowing since Baz fucked off and that makes JMK look better. His service is still average
JMK service is rubbish and in the opposition red zone his options are appalling .

He’s actually a player I don’t mind but Reed is by far the superior hooker and getting good ball in the attacking 20 will give your players that extra split second that makes a difference

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone been worried watching his form this season? His service is still absolutely first class but his decision making has been awful compared to last season and his running game non existent. Defensively he hasn't been as good either. He's still a good hooker but he isn't looking like the tier hooker I thought we'd be getting.
I agree - no running game at all this year. He does back up better than most hookers and always stays alive in the play after passing from DH. Maybe Arthur just wants Moses and Gutho to run the show.

Doglover28

Waterboy
Reaction score
To be fair… he is missing more tackles because he just came back from a serious shoulder injury and didn’t do the pre season. Also, Moses and Gutho whinge when they don’t get the ball… so he doesn’t run out of dummy half much

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair… he is missing more tackles because he just came back from a serious shoulder injury and didn’t do the pre season. Also, Moses and Gutho whinge when they don’t get the ball… so he doesn’t run out of dummy half much
Gutherson & Moses are ego-maniacs just go watch their video with Fletch & Hindy.

They think they are the 'kings of Parra'.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably sick of playing with Gutho and Moses... Listening to their rubbish week in week out o field has made him sick of playing in blue and yellow.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately we won't have Dan Ferris here next year to whip him into shape....................... I'm starting to get worried!!!
Isn't Dan Ferris doing that got a gut add on Telly these days.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope what?
I’d like to know what “nope” means as well.

He’s fat? Nope

He’s regressing? Nope

Parra are playing poorly because of him? Nope

Arthur has restricted his game? Nope

Must be tanking? Nope

Which “nope” is it?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His form was great the last two seasons and he was much more of an attacking threat.. This year he's been a tackling machine that never runs and misses too many tackles.

I'm not worried one bit though, he's still a great signing and his service is among the best in the comp. I think him playing at Parra with so many other playmakers in the spine makes him defer too much. I also think since he signed with us that Arthur has limited his role more.

I'm sure we'll see something closer to his form of last year when he plays for us and is more of a focal point and leader in our team compared to Parra.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems as Ennis is fucking his development. Was playing well previous two years and as soon as Ennis joins he has gone backwards.