Magnitude 8.8 Earthquake - Chile (5.37pm AEDST.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
terrible news. i hope the damage and loss of life isn't too great.

only good news to come out of this is if brisbane gets hit i don't have to go to work on monday.

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
even though the earthquake was bigger in chile, they will have a much reduced death toll because they build things strong knowing that earthquakes are on the menu

230,000 deaths is haiti and i bet you wont get more than 500 deaths here

kurrys pictures only show that the buildings bore it very well

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i know people that have family in chile...hopefully all is well with them

RIP to those that have passed away

I

I R Cookie

we are soooooooooooooo lucky in this country, we have not been hit by many if any natural disasters! These poor people live their lives recovering from one event to another.

RIP all that have passed. 8.8 is a HUGE quake. We are so lucky we dont have to go through what there people do.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
I have family in chile. My grandmother and aunty were in Santiago visiting them when it hit at 8.8. The rest of my family who live in Mendoza which is on the chilen border also felt it but it was only about a 3 there I think. I visited my parents sunday morning and they told me that my gran and aunt were over there. We didnt get in contact with them until about 1pm so we were way too worried.

Luckily they are both safe as well as the rest of the family. Only problem is that they have no power or electricity and have no idea when they can go back to argentina because there are no roads left!!!

My brothers girlfriend is from chile and she has alot of family in concepcion that she still hasnt heard from. We are all on edge at the moment!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
we are soooooooooooooo lucky in this country, we have not been hit by many if any natural disasters! These poor people live their lives recovering from one event to another.

RIP all that have passed. 8.8 is a HUGE quake. We are so lucky we dont have to go through what there people do.
cyclone tracey and larry? the fires of last year and a decade ago?

We thankfully havent had one of this proportion, and we should all pray that we never experience this.

I

I R Cookie

cyclone tracey and larry? the fires of last year and a decade ago?

We thankfully havent had one of this proportion, and we should all pray that we never experience this.
I thought about them, yes, but they aren't as big as this.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ironically an earthquake is not a natural disaster, because what makes it a disaster is the damage to man made structures killing people

if it was totally natural and we were living like aboriginals, then all that would happen is us saying "oh its shaking again":sleepy:

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
ironically an earthquake is not a natural disaster, because what makes it a disaster is the damage to man made structures killing people

if it was totally natural and we were living like aboriginals, then all that would happen is us saying "oh its shaking again":sleepy:
****ing classic

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score

aaaaaannnd you just jinxed us ;)

I

I R Cookie

lol and Chile prevented it from being much worse by not building ridiculous structures since they often have quakes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.