Madge sacked

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to be Flanno or Fittler, based on 360 writing off Flanno suggesting “this ship has sailed”, I reckon we’re getting Freddy.

As I’ve said before, anyone is better than TBaz, we have to give it a chance if it comes to fruition
360 gets zero mail from us anymore so they wouldn’t know if we’re getting Flanno or not

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In Madge’s defence, he wasn’t allowed to recruit as he would have liked due to the issues with previous recruitment/Cleary/Salary Cap issues. When it came time to re-sign or recruit, he was given a pretty strict budget per player. WT have lost some talent and missed key targets because of this, while also having to make it work with over paid players when he arrived such as Brooks, Mbye, Reynolds, Matulino, Packer etc. I’m not advocating for Madge, but I think he might be better than what he could show at WT.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the bet Tigers and Warriors will announce their new coach before we do. FFS I'm sure Gus already has the new coach signed, sealed and delivered, so what is the fucking hold up?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We won 5 games under Baz and one of them was last year against the Tigers 38-0. And people want to hire Madge.. Seriously people.. We're like battered women that have to only date abusive, piece of shit men. We can do better..

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Maguire would actually be perfectly suited to the dogs role. He is tough but unfortuantely lost the dressing room. He just didn’t have the resources at the tigers either. The dogs is an opportunity for him if gus is willing to go that way.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We won 5 games under Baz and one of them was last year against the Tigers 38-0. And people want to hire Madge.. Seriously people.. We're like battered women that have to only date abusive, piece of shit men. We can do better..
4 games bro...

3 last year and 1 this year. Don't credit him with Gus' win ;)

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Maguire would actually be perfectly suited to the dogs role. He is tough but unfortuantely lost the dressing room. He just didn’t have the resources at the tigers either. The dogs is an opportunity for him if gus is willing to go that way.
He cant fukin attract players

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Madge isn't as bad as some here seem to think. He coached Souths to a premiership. Even good coaches can't turn some clubs around. Just look at Bennett's stint at Newcastle. Given Dad's dodgy track record, Brown's ineptitude and Fittler's general lack of brains, I reckon we could do worse.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Madge isn't as bad as some here seem to think. He coached Souths to a premiership. Even good coaches can't turn some clubs around. Just look at Bennett's stint at Newcastle. Given Dad's dodgy track record, Brown's ineptitude and Fittler's general lack of brains, I reckon we could do worse.
Dad has got the job but we've made him agree to sell your arse to either tigers or ESL

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You could of coached that stacked Souths team to a premiership.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Smartest thing you've said on a long time flange lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You could of coached that stacked Souths team to a premiership.
Well yeah, but I am a rugby league genius. On the flipside, I don't think even Bellamy could turn the rabble that is the tigers around.

At very least Madge would be able to flog our guys into shape.... but I think he knows what he is doing, personally. Gus obviously has a pretty high opinion of him.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans sack the coach this week.
Three down over the last few weeks and not much in replacements available, got to jump in quick otherwise you end up with a second rate coach.
I think Gus has sat back to long and now we will end up with more of what we had.
Didn't they extend Holbrook's contract for a further 2 years not so long ago. I felt we needed to get him before TB started but he'd already been signed to the Titans.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to be Flanno or Fittler, based on 360 writing off Flanno suggesting “this ship has sailed”, I reckon we’re getting Freddy.

As I’ve said before, anyone is better than TBaz, we have to give it a chance if it comes to fruition
Dont agree that it wont be Flanno snr....nrl360 pretend they know whats going on bit they know shit