No Source Madge On The Chopping Block - Flanagan's To The Tigers???

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hard to be sure but i reckon he is goneski, decision by Friday 5.59pm..dunno if they have any free muny but a new coach being appointed will help with new signings(wonder if Flanagan likes Elliott as a player?)

Then we hope Flanno gets the gig and takes his son on board....

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think its just a mediocre organization.2005 premiership was a fluke. No way they would win if we didn't have so many injuries. Any decent coach would look average over there.

Madge had to get rid of Brooks, Reynolds, Mbye, Packer, etc...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That Tigers show was hilarious.

Didn't really know what to expect when I watched but he came off as desperate to me. I was hoping to see the Tigers Dogs final game for an even bigger laugh.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to this article on Madge seems like the writing may be on the wall and he could be gone by the weeks end.

These "journalists" always give themselves an out.

"According to a News Corp report, Maguire is expected to get the axe unless the club has a last-minute change of heart."

They love the smell of blood in the water & celebrate people losing their jobs, usually because of the pressure they created. #JournalistScumBags

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wishful thinking that we could move Flanno on

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
These "journalists" always give themselves an out.

"According to a News Corp report, Maguire is expected to get the axe unless the club has a last-minute change of heart."

They love the smell of blood in the water & celebrate people losing their jobs, usually because of the pressure they created. #JournalistScumBags
Exactly mate, agree wholeheartedly.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If they don't sign Shane Flanagan they're idiots imo...

The Tigers club is also a shambles above the coach. They need change at the top just for the sake of it at this point.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They did pull the pin on an emergency 4pm meeting today where his sacking was tipped, maybe they got cold feet?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
such mismanagement from the Tigers... they are painting themselves into a corner because what happens if they decide to keep Maguire? how secure is his position for the remaining two seasons he is under contract? what do the players think, especially those that are not overly enamoured with Madge? how do you recruit players to such an unstable environment? how do you trust the Tigers administration to make a good decision in a timely and discreet manner?

Gould is right... the first long term move for the Tigers club is to relocate the administration, training base etc. to the western suburbs (Liverpool or Campbelltown) while at the same time looking to retain and cultivate their playing, fan and corporate interests remaining in traditional Balmain territories, Wests Ashfield, Leichhardt etc.

"West(ern) Sydney Tigers" is a better name for the joint venture... their logo looks like sh*t... a personal injury lawyer should not be their chairman

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolute basket case of a club. If I was Madge, I would resign before they give me the flick. The guy is clearly a solid coach with the right support and would either be picked up by an NRL club as a Director/Consultant/Assistant Coach or even Head Coach. He would also have the NZ coaching gig. I get he would be walking away from money but some people carry on like he will be homeless if he walks away from something that is hurting his reputation for the future.

Too much nostalgia towards the Balmain side of the joint venture with games at Leichhardt etc. I agree, should be the Western Sydney Tigers based at Campbelltown with some trial games at Lidcombe Oval and they cover Liverpool to Campbelltown even the Southern Highlands to an extent. The Balmain junior comp is a pile of shit anyway and they verse teams from other districts from 13s onwards including Canterbury Bankstown. Considering Balmain have such a small stake in the ownership, they get a ridiculous amount of input.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pet hate. The word verse is related to poetry & writing not teams playing against each other. Please get it out of your lingo!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now Madge is staying at the Tigers...... what an absolute circus of a club.

And they are wondering why no player wants to go there.

Ah well, it now looks like no Flanagans on their way to Tiger town now...... spewing!!!

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
4 to 8 weeks into next season, they'll probably sack him, causing more disruption than if they dealt with it now.