No Source Madge On The Chopping Block - Flanagan's To The Tigers???

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the drums already beating loudly, now that Michael McGuire has suffered his most humiliating defeat of his 3 year tenure going down in a thrashing to Wooden spooners Canterbury, can we bring to life the rumour of Shane Flanagan becoming the next Coach at the Tigers in 2022 and taking his son with him???

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All things being equal Madge should survive. They were missing Douehi, Laurie, and Tamou, along with the early injury to Talau.

And looking at the performances of teams this round who had no chance of making the 8:

- Dragons lost to the baby Bunnies
- Warriors lost 44-0 in a meltdown performance
- Cows beaten by 38 points by Manly
- Tiggers beaten by 38 points by us.

Only the Bonks, 13 point win over woeful Knights, and the might Doggies, got wins.

If Madge does get fired off the back of this game, it is because someone high up has been wanting to get rid of him.

Reactions: ATT

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no doubt maquire can coach, but i think he has the same issue dean pay had, neither can/could attract players, especially good players.
He is as much chance of keeping his position as elliot is

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as Flanno Jnr is not here next year then I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens to his old man. Hopefully Kyle realises he is stuck behind Burton, Avo and BBO in the halves pecking order, with young Rajeb not too far off either, so if his old man doesn't get a NRL gig then he should piss off to England where his mediocre ability might be good enough

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All things being equal Madge should survive. They were missing Douehi, Laurie, and Tamou, along with the early injury to Talau.

And looking at the performances of teams this round who had no chance of making the 8:

- Dragons lost to the baby Bunnies
- Warriors lost 44-0 in a meltdown performance
- Cows beaten by 38 points by Manly
- Tiggers beaten by 38 points by us.

Only the Bonks, 13 point win over woeful Knights, and the might Doggies, got wins.

If Madge does get fired off the back of this game, it is because someone high up has been wanting to get rid of him.
Looking into the scores Psycho...It's a shame what's become of the game >:(

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the drums already beating loudly, now that Michael McGuire has suffered his most humiliating defeat of his 3 year tenure going down in a thrashing to Wooden spooners Canterbury, can we bring to life the rumour of Shane Flanagan becoming the next Coach at the Tigers in 2022 and taking his son with him???
Rumour? Its a DONE DEAL!! Hahaha!

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last game of the year, away from home for months and no impact of the match on finals….Madge survives. He’s working with a roster no better than ours. The only player from their side that would unseat one of ours is Nofo. And the only one/s of ours to unseat any of theirs would be Jackson and possibly Thompson. The rest are much of a muchness.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As long as Flanno Jnr is not here next year then I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens to his old man. Hopefully Kyle realises he is stuck behind Burton, Avo and BBO in the halves pecking order, with young Rajeb not too far off either, so if his old man doesn't get a NRL gig then he should piss off to England where his mediocre ability might be good enough
rajeb has been playing SG Ball for the past 3 years so he will develop. People say he has great vision and looks alot like Foran so he could be an option.

Paul Alamonti probably will make his nrl debut sometime next year or the year after i assume with his development

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking into the scores Psycho...It's a shame what's become of the game >:(
Yeah it is, hard to find a close game these days, and given how many close games seem to be more about which team does less to lose it, even harder to find a close game that is also quality.

I think Penriff and Strom had one a month or so ago...

But I'm glad that finally we were on the right side of a big score.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And we were missing Atoni, Cotric, Deitz, Doorey, Elliott, Faitala-Mariner, Lewis, Marshall-King, Smith & Thompson, which is a fair few out
Of that list only Thommo and maybe JMK are worth mentioning. The others have been poor, in and out of the team at best, or in the case of Cotric out for a while so the team has had time to adjust. Douehi is a huge out for the Tigs at the end of their season, as is Tamou. Laurie has been out for about a month, but he is by far their best FB.

I still reckon if Madge goes it is because someone at the top is sick of him. Given that they don't have any notable signings at this stage for next season, other than maybe Hastings, you wonder where the improvement is going to come from. That makes it a problem to replace Madge, who is arguably more motivated than anyone to make it work.

If I was S. Flanagan I'd be staying well clear, it looks a real mess.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of that list only Thommo and maybe JMK are worth mentioning. The others have been poor, in and out of the team at best, or in the case of Cotric out for a while so the team has had time to adjust. Douehi is a huge out for the Tigs at the end of their season, as is Tamou. Laurie has been out for about a month, but he is by far their best FB.

I still reckon if Madge goes it is because someone at the top is sick of him. Given that they don't have any notable signings at this stage for next season, other than maybe Hastings, you wonder where the improvement is going to come from. That makes it a problem to replace Madge, who is arguably more motivated than anyone to make it work.

If I was S. Flanagan I'd be staying well clear, it looks a real mess.
I reckon at least 6 of those would have played today had they been available - Cotric, Doorey, Elliott, Faitala-Mariner, Marshall-King & Thompson. And maybe if we played against a full Wests Tigers team & played Lewis, he could have pinched it for us!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon at least 6 of those would have played today had they been available - Cotric, Doorey, Elliott, Faitala-Mariner, Marshall-King & Thompson. And maybe if we played against a full Wests Tigers team & played Lewis, he could have pinched it for us!
Yes, from a technical - names on a playing sheet - point of view. I'm talking about a reality point of view, dealing with the actual situation as it really was this week.