News MAD Monday. The Saga Continues

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Ill just leave this here. Go Law man!!!!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...layer-lawyer-elia-tabchouri-hits-out-at-media

Two NRL players are expected to plead guilty to charges laid after the Bulldog's Mad Monday celebrations, despite a lawyer's claim the media is to blame for their predicament.

Neither Adam Elliott nor Asipeli Fine appeared in court today, almost three months after they were photographed partying naked at the Harbour View Hotel.

But Fine's lawyer unleashed outside court saying the players were simply letting their hair down.

"The media's prying eyes through telescopic lenses invaded a private function organised by a club to preserve the privacy of these players at a time when everyone knew what they were going to be doing" Elias Tabchouri said.

"These are young men who are letting their hair down in simple circumstances that had been organised by the club and it should never have ever come to where it has come to today.

"Are you trying to suggest to me that locker room behaviour is somehow a crime?"

Mr Tabchouri said his client was now a free agent and he was unsure what the saga would cost him.

"It's difficult, look at the scrutiny, look at the scrutiny that's placed on these young men in relation to these matters."

While they are still negotiating details both lawyers hope to have the case finalised by Christmas.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this there second time going to court and they have to go again next month?? What a absolute joke that they have to go in the first place let alone go through all this bullshit.

I love how Ben English is a moral compass! It would be interesting if the Telegraph are called to account and have to prove where they took the photos from.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He wrongly told a media pack that the photos were taken from the “second or third floor” of a nearby building using “telescopic lenses” when they were in fact taken from street level using normal camera equipment.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

"The media's prying eyes through telescopic lenses invaded a private function organised by a club to preserve the privacy of these players at a time when everyone knew what they were going to be doing" Elias Tabchouri said.
So he said nothing of the sort.

Typical lies from the Daily Terrorgraph.

Here's a photo of this maggot Ben English.

upload_2018-11-21_16-14-59.png

and his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/bennyglish?lang=en

I love how Ben English is a moral compass! It would be interesting if the Telegraph are called to account and have to prove where they took the photos from.
He's the new chief editor at the Daily Telegraph as of early October.. the bloke has to earn his wage somehow.

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently channel nein vindicated Ben English dieing how it was possible to take the photos from street view hence making us look like liars

Sick of channel nein, the media and the nrls antibulldogs agenda

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel 9, and newscorp Ltd, and meant to be teaming up ... the conspiracy is a real thing , especially when you look at the fact news lmtd pretty much funds the game, and own majority of broncos ... I’m sure I’m a little off on the facts but if you piece it all together you wonder why the nrl is so dodgy !

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Channel 9, and newscorp Ltd, and meant to be teaming up ... the conspiracy is a real thing , especially when you look at the fact news lmtd pretty much funds the game, and own majority of broncos ... I’m sure I’m a little off on the facts but if you piece it all together you wonder why the nrl is so dodgy !
Which could be interesting going forward since nine is buying out Fairfax.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything that lawyer said was 100% spot on

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tabchoiri has had some, er, interesting clients in the past.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps this is why wwe havnt heard too much direct from the club. They will just take it to court and smash it out of the park.
I even heard this on JJJ yesterday, and they dont usually make too much comment on sport. Lol

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

So he said nothing of the sort.

Typical lies from the Daily Terrorgraph.

Here's a photo of this maggot Ben English.

View attachment 8226

and his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/bennyglish?lang=en

He's the new chief editor at the Daily Telegraph as of early October.. the bloke has to earn his wage somehow.
That means he wouldn't have been the sports editor when the mad Monday incident happened. Probably some other high-flying editor trying to make a name for himself.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a massive lie this Ben English is telling about the photos being taken at street level and with a normal camera lens. Even by just looking at the hotel on Google Earth streetview the only thing you can really see on the THIRD floor are the sun umbrellas you cannot even see the tables. There is another street (George st) but it is even lower than Cumberland St so the angle from there would be even greater. To get a photo at the angle like that scum photographer got, he would have had to have been in the park in lower Fort St and would have been at least two or three hundred metres, probably more, away with a telescopic lens (which also means a member of the public would not have be able to see "anything" from that distance. There look to be a section of that third floor area that has a glass wall but the photos show a brick wall in front of Elliott so they cannot say that was where he was when the photos were taken.
I just hope the club and the lawyers grow some balls and challenge English's statement in court about where the photos were taken. It has to be a lie (if only for the fact he works for the Telecrap)

Last edited:

BobbieG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nothing has changed at the Telegraph. Back in the 60’s Ernie Gilligan’ a former Bulldog player, coached Moree to a first grade Premiership. Clive Churchill had attended one training session prior to the Gran Final and after Moree won the Telegraph had a half page report stating that Churchill coached them to the premiership. After they were told in no uncertain terms it was not true they posted a very small note correcting the story. Telegraph been shit for a long time .