Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Unless we take the DT to task and sue them for the same amount or more than we failed bigtime. I can accept that due to the fact the photos got out that we have to take a hit, I would say 20k would cover it BUT the club should have taken a stance for once and for all. We will keep getting targeted for quick financial top ups from the NRL to hide whatever money they are wasting while this continues. We should have gathered all facts and taken everyone to task on this issue and proven that our club no longer hides in the gutter! Opportunity missed and a poor showing from our club.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still cant believe montoya got fined for having too much to drink

That's a fucking joke

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Basically, the way I see it....our club has bent over and has taken it slowly up the arse with lube instead of taking it aggressively without lube....that's the only difference imo.
Wonder if the club invited them all over for a smorgasbord as well.
In the meantime, Sammy Boyle and his bros are flashing their cocks (whilst that old drunk from the Telecrap is playing with their balls) on social media and the National Rorting League is patting them on the back.....saying, It's all good!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only up from here :-?

Lets hope for some joy on Sunday
What's happening Sunday??? Oh that's right.....our premiership winning team is in the State Championship game..

The Telecrap could not even put a single line in their putrid publication over the past two days since we won the Intrust GF to even acknowledge that we are the NSW champs and that we will be playing Sunday. Found it more important to put about half a dozen stories about that extensive FOUR round women's competition where one of the combatants in the game won only ONCE out of those four rounds.

Even in their Sunday paper we only managed to get a few lines mention in the game day article and that was right at the end. The article concentrated on the Newtown halves pairing and the number of first grade players in their squad....

Big whoop...half an apology but only a suspended apology. Any type of incident within the next two years that the NRL sees as a problem will mean that 125k will be landing in their coffers.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It looks like a disappointing capitulation from a Club not strong enough to present the facts and add balance to the outcome.

There should have been a professional, considered approach of highlighting the lengths the Telucrap papparazzi went to to the get those photos at a bare minimum.

Yes we accept our responsibility where we failed but there were factors in play that took responsibility out of our control.

Quite a poor response to the twisting of the situation and more crap for fans to get heckled over as we are tarred yet again without a proper and full defence.

We submitted publicly without a whimper so therefore have accepted full culpability in the eyes of the public...to me that's very disappointing and just wrong and if that's the best Anderson and Hill can offer in restoring our Club's pride then it's a 2 out of 10 and not a pass mark. Looks like we need the Souths Admin over here to help us out.

From all that's transpired with Burgessgate, and the way that went down, this tarnishing of our Club is very bewildering and distressing and shows us on the wrong side of the ledger yet again...depressing.
There is no doubt the telecrap are some morale less scum, and there is no doubt the NRL had a massive over reaction, and there is no doubt that the bulldogs are scrutinised far more then any other club. But, there is still no excuse for the stupid behaviour of the players.
People like you claiming that the club should do this and that to back the players etc etc are completely short sighted.
Regardless of the fact that you nor i were even remotely offended by what they did, and by how they were caught doing it, they still should not have done it.
Anyone who gets their kit off at a public venue whether at a private function or not, is way out of line. In the privacy of someones home? No drama. Licensed venue? Fuck no. This is the bottom line. The players should know better, and the club should expect the telecrap vultures to be spying upon us at all times at events like this.
At the end of the day, if elliot didnt get his clothes off we wouldnt be in this situation. Wnd of story.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no doubt the telecrap are some morale less scum, and there is no doubt the NRL had a massive over reaction, and there is no doubt that the bulldogs are scrutinised far more then any other club. But, there is still no excuse for the stupid behaviour of the players.
People like you claiming that the club should do this and that to back the players etc etc are completely short sighted.
Regardless of the fact that you nor i were even remotely offended by what they did, and by how they were caught doing it, they still should not have done it.
Anyone who gets their kit off at a public venue whether at a private function or not, is way out of line. In the privacy of someones home? No drama. Licensed venue? Fuck no. This is the bottom line. The players should know better, and the club should expect the telecrap vultures to be spying upon us at all times at events like this.
At the end of the day, if elliot didnt get his clothes off we wouldnt be in this situation. Wnd of story.
TBH, I think the chundering in the street was worse than Elliott getting his wang out.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have not said do this or that to back the players ...and people like you are short sighted as well not to seek a fair public evaluation of the incident, fine and resultant bad publicity.

Your first sentence summed it up and that, and only that, is why we need to deal with it in a professional mamner.

I suggested we should have presented a professional rebuke and explanation of the lengths that the papparazzi went to to get those photos...which could not, and were not, seen by the public or found offensive by their team mates or coach and officials.

You can adjudge that they shouldn't have taken their clothes off and it was definately immature but it was not ok for us to be fined or those guys to be publicly humiliated on the DT front page. That is the crux of my complaint.

I said we couldn't be silly or defiant with mounting a defence but we should be professional and that we needed to try and restore some pride...even tho we made mistakes and would take responsibility, we still should have presented a video of exactly the logistics of how those photos were obtained.

I think people like you need to correctly read and evaluate what your fellow posters write.

There is another end of the day as far as our club and supporters are concerned and that is...at the end of the day if Buzz and papparazzi didnt invade the private space of our players, we wouldn't be in this situation.
End of story.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The thing I didn't get was the club to have the break up at the same venue in consecutive years. I read different figures mentioned between 2-3 years in a row. Knowing that our club will be chased every year for mad Monday by the vultures why wouldn't they mix it up and keep security tighter? Change venue every year and just tell the players to rock up at the club at a certain time...then bus them to a smarter choice!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The thing I didn't get was the club to have the break up at the same venue in consecutive years. I read different figures mentioned between 2-3 years in a row. Knowing that our club will be chased every year for mad Monday by the vultures why wouldn't they mix it up and keep security tighter? Change venue every year and just tell the players to rock up at the club at a certain time...then bus them to a smarter choice!
They probably were niaive enough to think that it was a safe environment. They'd celebrated there in the past and there was no issue with the venue, publican, staff or public we'd presume so they went back year after year.

All concerned are a lot wiser now realising the lengths these gossip hounds will go to to discredit the club.

From this point on it is realised there is no escape from long range lens' and the lesson must be learnt. I'm sure it will be a huge motivator for a lot of decisions at the club.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say that statement was due to a little deal done with the NRL so long as there was accountability, nothing or anyone else to be blamed except for the club then the fine will be reduced/suspended.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have not said do this or that to back the players ...and people like you are short sighted as well not to seek a fair public evaluation of the incident, fine and resultant bad publicity.

Your first sentence summed it up and that, and only that, is why we need to deal with it in a professional mamner.

I suggested we should have presented a professional rebuke and explanation of the lengths that the papparazzi went to to get those photos...which could not, and were not, seen by the public or found offensive by their team mates or coach and officials.

You can adjudge that they shouldn't have taken their clothes off and it was definately immature but it was not ok for us to be fined or those guys to be publicly humiliated on the DT front page. That is the crux of my complaint.

I said we couldn't be silly or defiant with mounting a defence but we should be professional and that we needed to try and restore some pride...even tho we made mistakes and would take responsibility, we still should have presented a video of exactly the logistics of how those photos were obtained.

I think people like you need to correctly read and evaluate what your fellow posters write.

There is another end of the day as far as our club and supporters are concerned and that is...at the end of the day if Buzz and papparazzi didnt invade the private space of our players, we wouldn't be in this situation.
End of story.
Sorry, but i simply dont agree. This is what the media do. Its what they always do. Like it or not. Personally i fucking hate the media. But in this day and age when everyone has a smart phone and multiple social media accounts you have to expect that there is always someone with a phone watching. Especially in a public location. If you expect anything otherwise then your kidding yourself.
And as the old saying says, you do the crime then do the time. Whether we like how the photos were obtained it doesnt change the outcome. But if he doesnt fet naked it completely changes the outcome.
This whole line of people being outraged is getting really old.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sorry, but i simply dont agree. This is what the media do. Its what they always do. Like it or not. Personally i fucking hate the media. But in this day and age when everyone has a smart phone and multiple social media accounts you have to expect that there is always someone with a phone watching. Especially in a public location. If you expect anything otherwise then your kidding yourself.
And as the old saying says, you do the crime then do the time. Whether we like how the photos were obtained it doesnt change the outcome. But if he doesnt fet naked it completely changes the outcome.
This whole line of people being outraged is getting really old.
Yes of course you are stating the facts. No one disagrees. It was silly. But a lot don't think it was illegal or right for them to have their privacy invaded like they have no human rights and are just objects to be humiliated on the front page of a gossip rag that the DT has become.

Some of us think the Club should have been more proactive in presenting the true facts..not the facts as presented by the DT...something similar to the Souths and Melbourne presentations would have been appropriate.

Imagine if that was a Bulldogs player with Sam's phone or a Bulldogs player with a shoulder charge before the GF.

We all know the answer.

Yes we don't get much go our way but you have to forge your own outcomes.

We want this bias to stop and it appears that the only way is to become more professional and media savvy and stand up for ourselves.

That is not go in swearing and abusing and beligerent...it means making professional presentations pointing out discrepancies in what is being said about us and setting standards for the players, admin, coach but also the NRL and media.

At no time have I expressed "outrage" and said that it must be done in a professional manner without hysterical outrage.

"This whole line of people being outraged is getting really old".

Well we know your views on the matter and if that's the way you feel, you are welcome not to reply to respect each others opinion.

doggydaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
What is happening with the police charges against the players.
Could be a very interesting verdict as to validity of the fines.