News Mad Monday fine halved

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have posted the Club's response in another thread. Maybe mods should merge.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have issued the following statement in response to the NRL Breach Notice findings as issued today:

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill accepted the NRL's response to the recent Breach Notice pertaining to the club : "Having worked closely with the NRL in regards to our response to the recent Breach Notice that was handed down we feel that as a club we have acted swiftly and decisively to both review the events of the day and to put in place improved procedures to make sure that this does not happen again.

Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson also stated that she felt that the club had learnt from the experience:

"We acknowledge that some of the behaviours on the day were a poor look for the club and the game and we have reviewed everything that took place to make sure that we learn from it. What we also need to remember here, however, is that good people will sometimes make mistakes and that should not take away from the fact that these same people have done a great deal in the community on behalf of the club and will continue to do so. They are part of our family at the club and we will always support them through any difficult times."

Head Coach Dean Pay also said that the club would learn from the experience:

"There is no doubt that everyone at our club has learnt a great deal from the events of recent times. When something like this happens you have to take stock and put in place structures to make sure that it doesn't happen again. There is no doubt that the images from the day were a bad look for everyone involved and it means that we have to take responsibility for it and learn from it. We also need to remember that this is not representative of us as a club and what we stand for."

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/09/25/bulldogs-statement-in-response-to-nrl/

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Bit of a nothing statement. Neither here nor there, doesn't take a stance one way or the other.

Maybe this is the best approach - all of this will just blow over with GF week media.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"I'm sorry, mum. I know I've been a naughty boy. I'm a big boy and I know I need to behave like a big boy otherwise I won't get any ice cream for dessert."

-scolded little child.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit of a nothing statement. Neither here nor there, doesn't take a stance one way or the other.

Maybe this is the best approach - all of this will just blow over with GF week media.
Fine has been halved. It's something (and brings it down to "Mitchell Pearce" kind of level), but still pretty harsh.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bent over, pulled down our pants, caned us in the arse in front of the world to see and we thanked them for it. That will be $125,000 thanks!
That just reminded me of The Walking Dead when Negan says to Rick "In case you haven't caught on, I just slipped my dick down your throat and you thanked me for it."

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm glad the fine was halves but what did the NRL say to justify themselves halving it?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, when is Souths being fined?

It's still shit that we get hit $125,000 still. Like the players have been fined so why does the club have to be fined also? If it's for bring the game into disrepute then Souths have also, have they not.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It looks like a disappointing capitulation from a Club not strong enough to present the facts and add balance to the outcome.

There should have been a professional, considered approach of highlighting the lengths the Telucrap papparazzi went to to the get those photos at a bare minimum.

Yes we accept our responsibility where we failed but there were factors in play that took responsibility out of our control.

Quite a poor response to the twisting of the situation and more crap for fans to get heckled over as we are tarred yet again without a proper and full defence.

We submitted publicly without a whimper so therefore have accepted full culpability in the eyes of the public...to me that's very disappointing and just wrong and if that's the best Anderson and Hill can offer in restoring our Club's pride then it's a 2 out of 10 and not a pass mark. Looks like we need the Souths Admin over here to help us out.

From all that's transpired with Burgessgate, and the way that went down, this tarnishing of our Club is very bewildering and distressing and shows us on the wrong side of the ledger yet again...depressing.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got fined for bringing the game into disrepute right? So what about Souths?

I’d hold off paying the 125k until the nrl explain why we’ve been charged and Souths not.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So more cock flashing on mad Mondays? The female fans will be upset

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What earned more money from this:
a) The NRL ($125k)
b) Neil Diamonds Youtube video for Sweet Caroline.

This all said... with the NRLs christmas party coming up and suppliers needing to be paid, they had to make a decision fast.

AND out of all this we forever have Phil Rothfield with a lingerie waitress on his lap. That's priceless imho.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree that any fine was a knee jerk reaction and was totally uncalled for. It shows the biased agenda of the NRL.
However, the club has to conform to most of the demands of the NRL, or more action could be taken against them.
Its time for the club to rebuild a relationship with the NRL. It was tarnished big time with the previous coach bagging them all the time.
Does anyone remember the Voldemorts?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree that any fine was a knee jerk reaction and was totally uncalled for. It shows the biased agenda of the NRL.
However, the club has to conform to most of the demands of the NRL, or more action could be taken against them.
Its time for the club to rebuild a relationship with the NRL. It was tarnished big time with the previous coach bagging them all the time.
Does anyone remember the Voldemorts?
True. You are right but remember " it's as though we're not meant to win".

We need to be stepping up our defence of ourselves. Not in a defiant silly manner but with the presentation of a professional club and organisation.

Ok those pics didn't help that but the circumstances of how they came to be put before the public should be part of the club's and Adam and the others story.

We can't win either way I guess.

Only way we can turn our fortunes around is to win footy games :grinning:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True. You are right but remember " it's as though we're not meant to win".

We need to be stepping up our defence of ourselves. Not in a defiant silly manner but with the presentation of a professional club and organisation.

Ok those pics didn't help that but the circumstances of how they came to be put before the public should be part of the club's and Adam and the others story.

We can't win either way I guess.

Only way we can turn our fortunes around is to win footy games :grinning:
Totally agree. But if we are still "offside" with the NRL, winning wont be that easy.