Opinion Luke Thompson

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe he, like the rest of the team have shown, will be night and day vs they were under Barrett.

He can’t help bad injury luck and got dudded in a suspension last year too. His salary is not his fault - he was offered it and anyone would take it in the same position. I hope he kills it and is with us in ‘23.
I hope so too bro. I had high expectations on him, he had the best prop in the world label put on him - which is know is unrealistic now. If he improves then we improve a lot....your right I can't believe how bad Baz was, I was supportive if him too. What a myth, he will never get a head coach role again

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dogs would have to ask for special exemption to replace a player already named in original 22 man squad going down with covid etc
We could lie about someone having covid like thousands of people do a week to get out of work and get free money from the government :-)

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he was good last year. But some of his games this year have been horrible. His on line defensive efforts against the Dragons at Belmore this season were half the reason we lost . Couldn't make a tackle to save his life.

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought he was good last year. But some of his games this year have been horrible. His on line defensive efforts against the Dragons at Belmore this season were half the reason we lost . Couldn't make a tackle to save his life.
I agree that his defence is a major concern and has been since the day he got here. His line speed has gotten better but it’s just the contact that is no good. The other issue is that we need a tackle one prop. Vaughan has been excellent as our tackle one prop this year. We saw what happened in 2021 when Thompson and Hetherington were are tackle one props. Thompson is best taking hit ups later on in the tackle count but we need a tackle one prop for next year.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People forget he is on 850k. We should be getting rid of him immediately with that farce contract, especially with how many games he is missed with dumb suspensions and this ‘concussion’.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, it was disappointing.
We now know on a personal level he had stuff to deal with and not many in the team looked to be enjoying their footy.
The team in general lacked discipline giving away 6 agains, penalties and had a habit of making errors most games.
Recently, disiplin has been good and even some of the calls have been questionable.
Clean slate I say, hope hes back next week to rip in.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People forget he is on 850k. We should be getting rid of him immediately with that farce contract, especially with how many games he is missed with dumb suspensions and this ‘concussion’.
The cap space doesn’t go away by getting rid of him. The only way this will work is if he goes home to ESL. We will still pay him out but it doesn’t count on the cap.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The cap space doesn’t go away by getting rid of him. The only way this will work is if he goes home to ESL. We will still pay him out but it doesn’t count on the cap.
Ik, getting rid of him immediately is dumb, you’re right. Hopefully the club and himself don’t take up the options that are in his contracts for 2024. The amount of cap space we have past 2024 is probably the most in the nrl. Heaps of our expensive players are off contract.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe he, like the rest of the team have shown, will be night and day vs they were under Barrett.

He can’t help bad injury luck and got dudded in a suspension last year too. His salary is not his fault - he was offered it and anyone would take it in the same position. I hope he kills it and is with us in ‘23.
I agree
1. Hopefully the change of the coach will do him wonders.
2. I am hoping the dud suspensions will cease to continue but I'm not holding my breath, different rules for different teams :(
3. Yes his salary ins't his fault I also hope he kills it, but even at his best shown form I believe his price tag isn't warranted...Yet !