Opinion Luke Thompson

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mods, I couldn't find any L.Thompson threads, though if there are any, please merge

Anyways, what the hell is going on with Luke?

If he is still suffering from concusiion, surely his next one could be a very long stint on the sidelines?!

The club hasn't come out with the injury report, and the only info been given has been half assed replies from Gould

Thoughts? News?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I care.....he is on big bloody $$$

Yes, Vaughan will be a massive loss....has been our best forward this year
What im saying is to not care about him playing. We have won 4/6 games without him. I do agree with his price tag.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw thommo in the video session when they showed harrisons presentation

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson is a really good player IMO it’s a shame he is so over payed which has put a target on him
This is true. I think if was playing at the moment with the current style. We would be seeing a good Luke Thompson. Unfortunately he is a $400-$450k player getting paid overs.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When has he played good in the NRL...honestly 2 or 3 good games in two years
I like him as a player. Good leg drive. Sound defence. High work rate. Decent hands. If he wasn’t on a redic salary I wouldn’t have a problem with him. Agree he hasn’t stood out in many games

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw Thompson when they panned the camera through the dressing room at half time. Can't be to far away from a return.

Anyway those saying he's no good obviously have NFI. When on song he was our best forward, yes he hasn't been seen at his best but like most of the players in our club they've started to show their true potential under a different coach.

He was signed on huge money as he was the form forward for St Helens when they won the flag there and I'm sure any NRL club would be happy to take him if we don't resign him but understand it's about money and the $800K a season he's currently on that is the real reason for him, maybe being shopped around.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a very average player. Whilst I wish him all the best with his health I hope he’s not with us next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson would be doing a lot better under our current style of play but i doubt he would be offering good value for money. Hopefully he's back next week and we can see what he does over the next 5 rounds.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally disagree and I hope does see out the final year of his contract next year.
If you compare the stats of a player like Paul Vaughan vs Thompson you’ll see the difference. I haven’t looked recently but from memory Thompson has only cracked over 100m in 3 games, on the other side there’s only a few times Vaughan hasn’t.

He is massively overpaid, whilst that’s not his fault and anyone would accept a massive deal if put in front of them he’s definitely not good value for money and something will have to give if he is kept around next year.