Opinion Luke Thompson

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure there's some camel trading going on in the background, imagine he plays and has a long term injury. How do you offload him then?

Gus knows what he's doing

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Season is done and dusted, if anything happens it will be for next year. We need to trust Gus no matter what happens.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree, he would have carved up the last few weeks and would have backed up TPJ's aggression. Hate how this has been handled.
It's a bad look for the club and player in so many ways. A waste of a player's talent. A waste of salary cap and a waste of his reputation and also our club's as a successful and "development" club to come to.

The idea of bringing in a UK player has backfired on this occassion, although a success with JG and Canberra, it has been a real disappointment with/for Luke all along the journey in NRL. Been such a shame we haven't seen him play under our revival and entertaining play under Potter. It is tailor made for him on face value.

Pray he is naned in the squad this afternoon so he can revive his footy career bc he appears to be in limbo atm.

Last edited:

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can anyone answer if he is at least training with the squad?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll give everyone under Barrett the benefit of the doubt ,they all looked footy depressed under lock and key,
Im sure Thompson would be an asset under potter also.
Under potter basically each player has improved if that’s not a coach then what is?
Ciraldo hard pass

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a bad look for the club and player in so many ways. A waste of a player's talent. A waste of salary cap and a waste of his reputation and also our club's as a successful and "development" club to come to.

The idea of bringing in a UK player has backfired on this occassion, although a success with JG and Canberra, it has been a real disappointment with Luke all along the journey in NRL. Been such a shame we haven't seen him play under our revival and entertaining play under Potter. It is tailor made for him on face value.

Pray he is naned in the squad this afternoon so he can revive his footy career bc he appears to be in limbo atm.
Totally agree. He has been massively mismanaged. I think the Potter influence will be of great help to him.
I would put him in the back row so he can really show his stuff. He is a quality footballer.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree. He has been massively mismanaged. I think the Potter influence will be of great help to him.
I would put him in the back row so he can really show his stuff. He is a quality footballer.
And to see him sitting there not playing (legit or not who knows :grinning:) is just so frustrating for him and the club.

So true, 2ndrow now with this new playing style should suit him well. So keen to see him playing again for us under Mick...then we can fairly assess his tenure here.

He was our best forward when he first came out after settling down to NRL conditions....its been a hard row for him with C19 and family/partner.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a bad look for Luke that he has suffered concussion issues and his mum is dying? FFS
Agree, there’s a few things going on with Luke and it centres on player welfare I would imagine. He’s been one of our best forwards since joining…yes we paid overs for him and yes we didn’t get bang for our buck in the amount of games he’s played but that doesn’t make him an average footy player, he’s a quality forward.

What is disappointing is now we’re on the up, some are sh!t kicking him - we’re better than that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can't remember but has he played while Potts has been coaching?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree, there’s a few things going on with Luke and it centres on player welfare I would imagine. He’s been one of our best forwards since joining…yes we paid overs for him and yes we didn’t get bang for our buck in the amount of games he’s played but that doesn’t make him an average footy player, he’s a quality forward.

What is disappointing is now we’re on the up, some are sh!t kicking him - we’re better than that.
You'll get that with all fan bases.

Up to Luke to answer his critics bc its obvious he is quality.

Hopefully his family and health setbacks work out for him asap and he can get back on track.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Exactly. People get too caught up blaming coaches, boards, trainers etc. At the end of the day we all want Luke fit and playing well for us.

I find it amusing some want to act like mother hen all caring & loving then say it’s a “bad look” that he isn’t playing. Talk about fake. I see the post has now been edited.

I personally don’t want to see a young bloke rush back before he’s ready & end up like (insert current or ex-player suffering from CTE or similar)

I do agree with some that he hasn’t been played to his strengths but our team has also been decimated with injuries as well as lacking size & experience

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thommo's had a dog of a time since he got here with covid, injuries, family, allegedly being shopped around etc, and now, ongoing concussion issues that, apparently, plenty don't believe. Everyone's got a story I guess, but I've never heard him whinge or complain once, or feel the need clarify/deny the rumours. He just gets on with it and, when he plays, goes as hard as he can. Things haven't gelled on the field yet, but not due to lack of effort.

Whether he's value for money in our cap is another issue, but I don't get the personal criticism of him.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Would love to see him come off the bench.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like another week out for Thompson. It would be great if the club came out with an injury update on him