Opinion Luke Thompson

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holland is a clown 100% but I think it’s odd. Gus was quoted earlier by someone on Twitter saying he’s going to see the neuro this week as he’s still got concussion issues though I think he’s out the door next year to. Just simply not worth the money. Maybe half $
Well that's pretty serious if true. That should be the topic of conversation, not the deranged ramblings of a certified lunatic.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard would it be to confirm the neurology story?
Possibly patient confidentiality might allow a neurosurgeon's report not to be disclosed, with simply a carefully worded report with key findings put together by a club doctor based on the diagnosis.

It would be easy to ask the Neurosurgeon if he keeps playing and gets concussed will he suffer a brain injury, with a reply of yes, followed by us saying if he continues playing he will suffer brain damage. NRL will not challenge any recommendation like that.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like Hastings to me given we often do business with the Tigers.
True.

Plus the ease of us giving them Naden could be used to our advantage.

Let's face it, the vast majority of players would rather play for us or anyone else rather than the dead end that is the tigpies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True.

Plus the ease of us giving them Naden could be used to our advantage.

Let's face it, the vast majority of players would rather play for us or anyone else rather than the dead end that is the tigpies.
So true, it's always going to be a place to go for a big payday rather than a premiership.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Possibly patient confidentiality might allow a neurosurgeon's report not to be disclosed, with simply a carefully worded report with key findings put together by a club doctor based on the diagnosis.

It would be easy to ask the Neurosurgeon if he keeps playing and gets concussed will he suffer a brain injury, with a reply of yes, followed by us saying if he continues playing he will suffer brain damage. NRL will not challenge any recommendation like that.
Absolutely agree with all this. I guess I'm more interested in the really basic question "is Thommo having concussion issues or not?". Gus has stated "he is seeing a neurologist" as a fact. There is a good deal of contention as to how true that is, so I'm wondering how hard or easy it would be to get confirmation on what Gus has said, we don't need access to the actual assessment (assuming there is one).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned we are looking for a HB before Aug 1st.

Thompson could be a part of that plan...
Hastings - Thompson swap would be worth it... Brooks would hurt the soul haha.

I would love Thompson to stay if we could resign him on a major cut price deal. But we all know that cannot and won't happen especially with a new manager.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with all this. I guess I'm more interested in the really basic question "is Thommo having concussion issues or not?". Gus has stated "he is seeing a neurologist" as a fact. There is a good deal of contention as to how true that is, so I'm wondering how hard or easy it would be to get confirmation on what Gus has said, we don't need access to the actual assessment (assuming there is one).
Yeah I dare say we will only hear what Gus let's out given there may already be processes in place. Hard to say re Thompson but could easily have significant health issues. Guess we will eventually find out.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m pissed off…. Why hasn’t anyone from the club taken HMAS Knockonbur to see a Neurologist?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be honest with Thompson I think even @Actros would agree. He has been shit this year.

Though in saying that I don’t think it’s all his fault. Been rumours of injuries being carried (im sure most of these blokes are it’s a brutal sport)

He’s also been fucked about in the coaching style, the way he’s been used and how we have preformed but for the money he’s on it’s simply just time not reasonable for us to keep him unless he goes half wage future. Even then his defence is terrible.

He might be keen to go home and dominate esl.

Who knows be interested hearing actors version