Luke thompson

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Toomaga and Thompson are as dynamic as you can get. Both boys have great leg drive, make post contact metres on most of their hit ups and draw in a minimum of 3 defenders every hit up.

Welch would balance the forward pack in plugging the holes while also providing metres and drawing in another 3 defenders every hit up.

To'omaga is the only forward who consistently draws in 3 defenders on every hit up he takes. Thompson will be another one

You have to compress the middle to provide space on the flanks. Thats why the Storm & Rorters & Raiders (over the last couple of years) have forwards who consistently attract 3 defenders, while they are also well drilled on not gettjng turned on their backs which gives them a quick play the ball.
Understand & agree with all Above points but to compress the middle you have to punch holes through the same way the guys I mentioned in the previous post do. Welsh once again is a great player but he won’t win you many battles up in the middle. He’s part of a storm team that currently have Tino, J Bromwich & Solomona helping to compress the middle. It’s certainly not welsh mate he is a toiler and not the prop we need. The only way I personally see Welsh being of benefit is if we offload a couple other toilers.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Already our best player and he's played 5min in the elite Rugby League competition of the world.

Malla

Reaction score
He ran a heap of decoys on the line why didnt they pass to him once on the line? Watching his highlights he has the footwork. Could see he looked frustrated.
Even tho he looked comfortable out there i think it’ll still take a few weeks before he truly becomes NRL fit. If he can do what he did last night without any trials and off a 2 week stint in quarantine then this bloke is gonna be special for us

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Understand & agree with all Above points but to compress the middle you have to punch holes through the same way the guys I mentioned in the previous post do. Welsh once again is a great player but he won’t win you many battles up in the middle. He’s part of a storm team that currently have Tino, J Bromwich & Solomona helping to compress the middle. It’s certainly not welsh mate he is a toiler and not the prop we need. The only way I personally see Welsh being of benefit is if we offload a couple other toilers.

No doubt you have to punch holes through the middle but as time goes on with the six again rule mobility and lateral movement will become an issue. I think you will see a lot of back rowers converting to the front row particularly if they have off loading skills which is another way to go through the middle if a team is coached properly.
Luke Thompson fits the bill perfectly for what a prop will be in the next few years particularly if interchange is dropped to six.
I suspect the days of the Sam Kasiano high impact low mobility front rower are over.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walmsley is older, bigger and less mobile than Thompson but has a really good offload. Superior to Napa who imho has now become a bigger wuss than Woods.
Don't care how old or what injuries his got tbh.. Walmsley was outplaying thommo when we signed him and if we can get that same front row at the dogs U will definitely not see us getting pissed on anymore