News Luke Thompson shopped to Storm as Melbourne consider life after Nelson Asofa-Solomona

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Complete nothing story. They're interested but not at the price. So is most of the comp. He's not going anywhere for a while.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why don't they utilise the overly farkin hyped "Melbourne Culture" and tell NAS to get the vaccination for the well being of his team mates? Or has the Melbourne culture been burnt at the stake by white power sniffing effwits and thugs plus JAC, Finucane and Hynes took it with them when they left.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Thompson want to leave or the bulldogs needs to get get of him for our cap?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Na, prop. Needs a simple role to see the best of him and having two big body props gives us more freedom with our lock selection.
I guess, if someone like Topine is to be groomed as our future lock I'm ok with it.

Malla

Reaction score
Why don't they utilise the overly farkin hyped "Melbourne Culture" and tell NAS to get vaccination for the well being of his team mates? Or has the Melbourne culture been burnt at the stake by white power sniffing effwits and thugs plus JAC, Finucane and Hynes took it with them when they left.

Always a Bulldog
It’s easy to say Melbourne culture when you have some of the greatest players ever coming thru there lol It’s all rubbish.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson is heading back to England, done deal. Apparently a club in England is about to lose some key forwards in the new year so they've targeted Thompson as a marquee replacement. Merseyside Red? Idk something like that.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess, if someone like Topine is to be groomed as our future lock I'm ok with it.
This has been an area of concern of mines as we collect big bodies explosive middles. Who is going to do all the clean up work in the middle particularly as JJ slows even further & eventually retires/moves on..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paulo is an upgrade on Thompson. Paulo can ballplay, he's one of the top performers at bending the line, and he can hit like a truck in defence. Thompson really has none of these skills plus he's a huge risk of missing games as we know. Thompson isn't as effective because he's 20kg lighter (lighter and shorter than Adam Elliott). Paulo attracts 3 defenders everytime he runs because he's f..king huge and has an offload. So does TPJ and so does Kikau. If we have the 3 of them attracting 3 defenders each with every run even as a decoy imagine the holes this will open up for Mahoney, Burton, Dufty and BBO and even JAC

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson is heading back to England, done deal. Apparently a club in England is about to lose some key forwards in the new year so they've targeted Thompson as a marquee replacement. Merseyside Red? Idk something like that.
London Red I’m hearing

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is fire, if it frees cash for much needed players/extensions I'm all for it.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynn and Hill travel half way across the world to pay Thompson a salary no club in the NRL wants to pick up. Thank goodness they are gone!
Let’s be honest Luke only came here for 2 things money and coz of Jamma

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can live with that as opposed to have him play against us in the NRL

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Thompson is being shopped around not by himself, by our club, or by his manager, but by a third party?

Sounds like that third party is the media and they need to fuck off.

If he was heading back to UK he wouldn't have bothered getting vaccinated so quickly (given he was against it).

If it was a "done deal", then the club would already be known.

He might head back at the end of his contract with us, but from what Phil Gould is saying, it's all rumours.