Social Media Luke Thompson is rumoured

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh I don't really agree, he's good but I defenitely think a few of you guys are making him out to be far better than he actually is lol. But yes, he's defenitely better than both our starting props and would be an upgrade.
Apart from Haas, pick a prop or two that we have a chance with.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a chance with absolutely no one if the current theme continues.
We are going ok... we have gained CHN, DWZ and StimPson during a period in which we shouldn't have. Its proof we can acquire quality signings along the way. Next move Is definitely a prop above all.... Suggest one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We are going ok... we have gained CHN, DWZ and StimPson during a period in which we shouldn't have. Its proof we can acquire quality signings along the way. Next move Is definitely a prop above all.... Suggest one.
"Okay" lol not really. We have failed to score points for how long and not a single signing has been made to address that situation yet, so no I don't rate our recruitment even with a few handy buys.

I don't know who we go after at prop, most are contracted and that's probably why they were over in England talking to Thompson. Molo could be a handy buy but not really the established starter you want, Welch or Tamou? Other than that there's nothing available other than bit part players.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Any player is gonna find it tougher to break the line through the middle as opposed to the edge.

I can tell you if he was available tomorrow than there would be 15 clubs interested. One of the best forwards going around.
That is true, what I was trying to say is that he only looks physically dominant when running at the smaller edge players, hes good in the middle and works hard but he's not like NAS, Hass or Fifita when it comes to being explosive and thats what we lack

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That is true, what I was trying to say is that he only looks physically dominant when running at the smaller edge players, hes good in the middle and works hard but he's not like NAS, Hass or Fifita when it comes to being explosive and thats what we lack
Would of been good to get Fifita.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"Okay" lol not really. We have failed to score points for how long and not a single signing has been made to address that situation yet, so no I don't rate our recruitment even with a few handy buys.

I don't know who we go after at prop, most are contracted and that's probably why they were over in England talking to Thompson. Molo could be a handy buy but not really the established starter you want, Welch or Tamou? Other than that there's nothing available other than bit part players.
Hate to admit it but you're right on this front.

I think overall the signings we've made are good, but the two positions we REALLY need some additions we didn't. Hooker we got our 4th choice who may go well, but he definitely wasn't who we were aiming for. Centre / Winger we've got no one yet. It's a big concern about the backline, that's without doubt. I do think it's best to buy smart rather than just buying for the sake of it (Tigers) but it still leaves a largish hole in our roster imo.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Plenty of points come from your edge forwards and your FB. Pretty sure we got them now.. sadly they also come from Ur halves and sadly we have all that money tied up in a cripple.

Welch and Harris are possible. Probably the pick of the bunch we might be able to jag. Them along with napa would probably put us in top 4.

Heres hoping.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they missed out
So now trying to make out the guy is a shit player.
Love the spin
1.4m per season for a prop that barely makes 8m per carry while lacking the pure attacking output of the top offensive props? Calm down lol.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hate to admit it but you're right on this front.

I think overall the signings we've made are good, but the two positions we REALLY need some additions we didn't. Hooker we got our 4th choice who may go well, but he definitely wasn't who we were aiming for. Centre / Winger we've got no one yet. It's a big concern about the backline, that's without doubt. I do think it's best to buy smart rather than just buying for the sake of it (Tigers) but it still leaves a largish hole in our roster imo.
Our wingers and centres are all young and being tried. We have a few that maybe be better than what's out there so no need to buy yet. Hooker is an issue.. we should have a solid hooker already.. that is pretty crap tbh.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our wingers and centres are all young and being tried. We have a few that maybe be better than what's out there so no need to buy yet. Hooker is an issue.. we should have a solid hooker already.. that is pretty crap tbh.
Yes, they're tried and all we can do is hope for the best. But I think we all know that having one player of class in those positions would be a massive thing for the club. It is what it is though and we just have to push forward.

100% agree about the hooker situation as the club clearly was trying very hard to get someone in

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Billy brittain is a rising star stuck behind cook but doesn’t have a club for this year. Snatch him up I reckon!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Billy Walters went to the tigers billy brittain is still unsigned and without a club. He’s a gun

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Plenty of points come from your edge forwards and your FB. Pretty sure we got them now.. sadly they also come from Ur halves and sadly we have all that money tied up in a cripple.

Welch and Harris are possible. Probably the pick of the bunch we might be able to jag. Them along with napa would probably put us in top 4.

Heres hoping.
DWZ is hardly a creative threat at this stage and hasn't been for pretty much his entire firstgrade career, far from sold longterm on him at fullback until I actually see him producing those key plays.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone even watched this bloke play more than 1 game yet?